DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Scary but easy to 'fix' FG token glitch

Reference my vanishing tokens post (which doesnt show up in a search here??)
    So I checked the FG tokens/Community folder and all the token icons were there....but still not showing up in FG!
    Note that this is AFTER having started and stopped FG numerous times. Then I went to the SEARCH box and clicked there and suddenly they all appeared! For some reason FG was holding onto my last search results even though no text appeared in the bar and FG had been started and stopped at least a half a dozen times. So it made me think all the tokens had vanished but they were just hidden due to a previous sessions search....even though no letters still appeared in the box.

So, Whew! They are still there. But I thinking "clearing" the search fields should probably be part of the exit process of an FG shutdown.

The strange thing about this issue that you are reporting is that the filter field is not saved in the database in the CoreRPG ruleset, or any ruleset that we publish. That means that the search field is cleared as soon as you close the token bag or the application. I tested several times. Every time I close the token bag and reopen, the search field is cleared.

What ruleset are you using?

Regards,
    JPG

is there an extension that saves the contents of a search dialog that may have not shown it had text when FG was loaded, but kept the search you last made active?

Not sure what it does exactly, but maybe something like Windows Saver extension might be the culprit if it remembers those window settings?

Blog Entries
    I see this when I start to have "a lot" of tokens.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

maybe that is the problem. I didnt close the token bag. I had done a search but I thought I had cleared the search field but it seems I left a blank space up there when I exited FG, with the token bag still open. then, several times I restarted FG since I discovered my tokens were missing. It wasnt until I clicked in the search field that they all magically appeared again. I am using 5E ruleset

I've experimented with this too and I can't reproduce the result. Even if I leave a search term, even just a blank space or any single charater, when I close FG and reopen it the token bag resets to the default view and any search term that was in it is gone.

So, following on from JohnD's comment above I wonder just how many tokens that you have in your tokens folder and whether sorting those tokens into modules might help resolve the issue. Here's a video of how to create a token module which might be of assistance.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I see this very frequently when I'm using Rolemaster since that ruleset is the most memory intensive. My solution has been to remove most of the tokens.

I've found it I open the Windows Explorer it sometimes even there doesn't show all the files for the first few minutes, which is quite strange.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information