DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Fantastic, I've been waiting for this for what seems forever

After tinkering with it for awhile now, might I make a few suggestions:
    Hi BackwardOracle,

First off thanks for picking up the ruleset and thanks a lot more for good feedback.

Let's go through your list one at a time.

'A couple of images are cut in half, one of them has no upper half'.
    Can you include a screen shot please, so I can double check I've uploaded the correct versions.

Add the Survival & Promotion/Advancement to the career information will save looking it up in the reference manual.
    Planned for a future update, possibly v1.0.7 which might drop end of this month.

Take off the worlds tab, its only used once for creation & can be easily referenced from the manual along with Background skills.
    Ok good idea, I'll add that to 1.0.6. For the moment you can easily untick it from the Library screen.

Could it be made into two modules? A players (for character creation) and Referee Book, that way you can unload a lot of tables you only need once.
    A great idea, how do you suggest it's split, personally I prefer the Referee to have the complete rulebook (with all the tables), and players only the Creation and Equipment Chapters, I welcome your ideads for a player module is a good idea.

A planets tab (similar to NPC's) would be extremely useful as it could not only contain the UWP, & details but could hold information on goods & services for trade & passengers.
    Another great idea, and I'm already working on it (for Tripwire), I might get it finished for v1.0.6 which I'm working on at the moment, if not it'll be in v1.0.7.

I would like to see the Patron & Trade tables included, though.
    I'll see what I can for the next version, it's a lot of time to add the tables, but I'll go through the other now.

Ships, really need ship data tab.
    Coming soon(ish). At the moment, Starfinder is developing the Ships system within FG. I've had a look at the data elements and will soon add those to Traveller (v1.0.9 - next month maybe).

I hope these answers work for you, all are possible/being added now/future.

So let's see how much coding I can do over the weekend, and get an update over to Smiteworks.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 12th, 2018 at 13:13.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Could it be made into two modules? A players (for character creation) and Referee Book, that way you can unload a lot of tables you only need once.
    A great idea, how do you suggest it's split, personally I prefer the Referee to have the complete rulebook (with all the tables), and players only the Creation and Equipment Chapters, I welcome your ideads for a player module is a good idea.
    My personal preference would be:

"Character Creation Rulebook" - everything needed only during character creation - career tracks, background info, etc.
    "Player's Rulebook" - things the players are likely to use / need during play - items / armor / weapons, combat rules, etc.
    "Referee's Rulebook" - everything else the ref needs during play - trade info, world creation info, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    My personal preference would be:

"Character Creation Rulebook" - everything needed only during character creation - career tracks, background info, etc.
    "Player's Rulebook" - things the players are likely to use / need during play - items / armor / weapons, combat rules, etc.
    "Referee's Rulebook" - everything else the ref needs during play - trade info, world creation info, etc.
    Here's the Chapter from 1e:

1. TRAVELLER
    2. CHARACTER CREATION
    3. SKILLS AND TASKS
    4. COMBAT
    5. ENCOUNTERS AND DANGERS
    6. EQUIPMENT
    7. SPACECRAFT DESIGN
    8. COMMON SPACECRAFT
    9. SPACECRAFT OPERATIONS
    10. SPACE COMBAT
    11. PSIONICS
    12. TRADE
    13. WORLD CREATION

So for the Modules:

Character Creation Rulebook: Chapter 2, 3, 6 and 11.
    Players Rulebook: Chapter 1, 4, 2, 3, 6, 10 and 11.
    Refeere's Rulebook: Chapter 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I'd leave 2 out of the players module. Also, anything that is in the players module doesn't need to be in the referee module - the referee can open both.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I'd leave 2 out of the players module. Also, anything that is in the players module doesn't need to be in the referee module - the referee can open both.
    So taking that into account:

Character Creation Rulebook: Chapter 2, 3, 6 and 11.
    Players Rulebook: Chapter 1, 3, 4, 6, 10 and 11.
    Refeere's Rulebook: Chapter 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13

For me, I prefer just 1 module open if I can help it, save clicking through trying to find the right bit of info, but that's me. I'm open to how others play.

Cheers

Here you go,

TRimages.jpg

great

I'd say though the ref dosn't need Chapter one,

Traveller being very table heavy will become unwieldy with the extra Patron & Trade tables, you'll be scrolling through very many tables you won't need again. If at some stage you add the extra career books, it will be easier to swap in and out at creation.

It might be an idea to have a word with deluxOz, his extensions could save a lot of work. It would be fantastic for setting up systems, passengers & trade.

Here you go,

TRimages.jpg

great

I'd say though the ref dosn't need Chapter one,

Traveller being very table heavy will become unwieldy with the extra Patron & Trade tables, you'll be scrolling through very many tables you won't need again. If at some stage you add the extra career books, it will be easier to swap in and out at creation.
    Cheers for the screeny, those were removed, odd they've reappeared in the ruleset, I'll tell them off.

Ok I'll remove Chapter 1 from the 'Ref's' module.

Traveller is table heavy, so anything that helps reduce them will be great.

Would people still want a 'full rulebook' (ie the way it is now) option? As it's there/done already, just for people who (like me) prefer the '1 module'.

Cheers
    MBM

It might be an idea to have a word with deluxOz, his extensions could save a lot of work. It would be fantastic for setting up systems, passengers & trade.
    Which of his many extensions are you thinking about?

I already mentioned it to him; he said he would include support in his extensions if he was provided with a copy of the ruleset.

Thread Information