DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A couple of Beginner questions

a couple of simple questions and I full expect the answer to be no to 2 of them, but I am going to ask anyway.

I plan on using FG for table top gaming, but was wondering if it was possible to :

1. Remove or hide the chat window from the player client and subsequently
    2. Remove or hide the the icons down the side

This would give me more room for the map and other hand outs.

and more of a unfamiliarity question:

3. How do you autosync ? When I move the map around inside the window using the little crosshairs thing, I notice that it doesn't update in the player view unless I do a sync ?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Happydevil43

The Chat is an essential frame so you cannot get rid of it. However - your images will sit over the top of both the Chat and Campaign Tools quite happily.
    There is no AutoSync. Your players are free to move the map in any direction they wish to. The Sync Player View is what I do occasionally to ensure they are on the right screen.

Ok that answers the windows... that's cool.

Unfortunate that I can't sync moving the map around and have that auto display on the client... Maptools does it, so I figured that FG would do it too. Will have to see how it plays out at the table

Blog Entries
    Do note that you can unlock the chat window and move and resize it. Though if you don't need it, like for in person games, you can just put a map or other window over it like damnded said.

You might also have some interest in this extension, depdning; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Cool, thanks.. I will check out the extension.

Also, you can turn on "auto-center" - this way the map will follow the "active" player during combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Also, you can turn on "auto-center" - this way the map will follow the "active" player during combat.
    How do you do that ? I think I have been through every right click window and setting and haven't found it ?

EDIT: Found it ... its turned on already.

Blog Entries
    Suggestion.
    Dont have your players move their tokens every time between rooms etc.
    When travelling between rooms zoom out a little, unmask as they proceed, follow their directions, and only move the tokens when their is a trap or encounter to deal with.
    You dont need to follow each player each 30' move.
    When the action happens - zoom in appropriately and resync.
    2 extra clicks.

Yes it is different to MapTools. Is it better or worse? I guess that depends on your usage and what you are used to.
    Im sure many players enjoy the ability to move the map where they want to move it to.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Suggestion.
    Dont have your players move their tokens every time between rooms etc.
    When travelling between rooms zoom out a little, unmask as they proceed, follow their directions, and only move the tokens when their is a trap or encounter to deal with.
    You dont need to follow each player each 30' move.
    When the action happens - zoom in appropriately and resync.
    Of course, the down-side being they know they don't have to worry about anything if you don't make them put down their tokens....
    But damned is right, you just have to make them put down their tokens when nothing is happening just to keep them guessing. (it is kind of fun to see the players trying to figure out what could be the issue since you had them put tokens down when there really isn't something there - in fact, if they really do good, sometimes I spontaneously add something)

Thanks for all the respondes.
    I actually found a way to hide the icons... i clicked somewhere and it allowed me to turn things on and off... I’ll have to see if it remembers when I disconnect the player view.

As for the map, we have a 32” tv laying flat in the table that the characters will put “real minis” on... i think it will be a case of making sure that they can see the whole room/area as we go...
    I’d like to have a single “party token” and move that around... that might be handy for lighting type reveals.

If it doesn’t work no harm no foul, can always go back to displaying a map on a second monitor and they can draw it on the battle map manually.

Cheers

Thread Information