Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Thanks - I too came to workaround of multiple labels.

Thing is I am not trying to reall RIGHT align the TEXT. I was trying to set the right edge of the stringcontrol to the right edge of the charsheet window. That's it.
    My mistake is that I thought I didn't need to give it a width if I gave it a string:
    Saving Throw => would make the left edge X pixels to left. X = # of pixels needed to display 12 characters.
    Saving\nThrow => would make the left edge Y pixels to left. Y = # of pixels needed to display the bigger of 6 or 5 characters (pehaps it always defaults to width of first line and not "max of")

But that ISN'T the case - it may work in regular string control (again, I am not caring about forcing right aligned text - that was a SIDE-EFFECT I didn't even notice honestly lol, that's why took several rereads of what you wrote above to understand all this about "right aligning" and I erased my entire original reply) but with multiline it cannot figure out the automatic/inferred width. With single line, it infers the width.

I cannot try this today or at least not until VERY late - not near laptop where code is. But I will see if my original code works where I tell it a WIDTH as well (or give it a left align)

BTW, is there any rule of thumb when guestimating how wide to make a label when it is Font size X and N characters wide? I just adjust width until it stops cutting off the letters
    Thanks Moon for the help.

OK - taxes are done - my civic gift of letting Fed/State have several thousand dollar interest free loan for a year or so is finis.

I quickly took the problematic code and just tossed in wdth="50" (just pulled out of air) and it works. So I am very glad I didn't just move one, because I learned what the true problem was, not the multiline alone but as JPG stated, the fact multiline cannot work without real or implied width.

Code:
    			<!-- Saving Throws -->
    			<label name="savingthrow_label">
    				<anchored width="60" height="25">>
    	 				<right parent="" anchor="right" offset="-15" />
    					<top parent="attributeframe" offset="5" />
    				</anchored>
    				<multilinespacing>12</multilinespacing>
    				<static textres="char_label_savingthrows" />
    			</label>
    Works.jpeg

I'll tidy up with overall and race frame width after I place the vertical numcontrols under the label so know better what to change.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Varsuuk; April 18th, 2018 at 04:50.

Thread Information