DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG Con 12 - Review

I sit here after a pretty exhausting weekend - doing FG Con admin and support in the background, keeping an eye on things and making sure that people know what's going on and can play! I even managed to play a couple of games myself.

July 2012 was the first time we ran FG Con. And we've cemente our regular twice yearly slots (mid April and mid October) for Fantasy Grounds Convention play goodness!

I say it every time, and I have to say it again: MANY BIG THANK YOUs to damned (those of us in the "real world" know him as Damian). He has done a massive amount of the work for this convention - sending out GM and player updates, putting newsletters together, checking on event entries and bookings on the website, chasing GM and players to clarify details, helping to get people new games when real-life inevitably interferes, running some games and event technical development workshops! Thanks so much Damian, the ongoing sucess of FG COn wouldn't happen without you.

There is so, so much work involved in the background for these conventions that I look back with mixed feelings at the end of a FG Con - partly sad that it is over, but also partly (mostly?) happy that I get a portion of my life back for a couple of months before we start work towards FG Con 13 - hopefully only unlucky for nasty evil creatures the PCs have to battle!

We had over 80 sessions run this convention. We had 88 booked, but there are always some that don't go ahead due to various reasons. We have over 430 player-session bookings. From these statistics we can see that FG Con is well and truly established, with a strong GM and player presence.

We run FG Con for a number of reasons:
    • Because we *love* playing RPGs on Fantasy Grounds!
    • Because we want to allow people the opportunity to play different games (perhaps games they wouldn't usually play) or just get the chance to play a game in a fun, happy, community ran convention.
    • We want to introduce Fantasy Grounds to players (and potential GMs) outside of the Fantasy Grounds community.

To do this, we rely heavily on the FG community to step up and run games. Not everyone can GM a game on FG as it requires knowledge of the application and preparation time. Thanks to all of the GMs who have ran games at FG Con 12 and the previous FG Cons 1 through 11, I hope that GMs will return for FG Con 13 and more GMs will join the gang and run games.

Again, a BIG thanks to all GMs who ran games for this convention.

Feedback

Anyone who took part in the convention could you please provide feedback at the feedback thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eedback-thread

The con admins will be taking a break for a few weeks and then we'll look at exact dates for FG Con 13, but it will be October 2018 (probably the 2nd or 3rd week - to be confirmed), and start to get organised for that...

Thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by damned; April 16th, 2018 at 02:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information