DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Calendar reset

I followed the instructions in this thread to make a new custom calendar months back
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Calendar-Help

I was starting a new module and noticed that the calendar does not show up in the list to choose, so I checked the calendars.mod file and sure enough it is "reset". Would an update have done this? I am not sure, but luckily the information is still stored in the db.xml of the old campaign, since it is still working in that one. I just pulled it out and put it into the db.xml of the new module, which I noticed gave a nice benefit of bringing over the log entries with it. Since this is a continuation of the campaign, this is nice.

I was just wanted to see, is this a normal behavior? Was a new calendars.mod pushed out that would have maybe overritten it, my is dated Jan 14th. It could be that that reinstalled my system after the change, I can not recall the dates I did both in relation.(Old Man memory)
    Maybe it is something to be aware of and make a backup of the calendars.mod file if you customize it if so.

The calendars.mod file may be regularly replaced as part of standard updates. This will happen for any of the built-in files (such as the 5E.pak, LetterTokens.mod, and so on).

If you are customizing an existing file, you should save any customized file with a new file name in order to prevent it from being written over during updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon! I figured this was the case, but it is nice to be sure. I like being able to span modules in a campaign with the same calendar notes, so it was a nice find for me.

Thread Information