DICE PACKS BUNDLE

GURPS ruleset question

Hi all,

I am new to FG, (switched from Roll20) and have a question with the ruleset. I'm in the process of creating my campaign, and under items I noticed the Defenses, Melee Weapons and Ranged Weapon buttons, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to populate them. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Scott

Hello ssostac1, and welcome to the FG forums.

When you make an new item, make Type either "Melee Weapon", "Ranged Weapon" or "Defense", and it will populate either list.

/Honken

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    Hello ssostac1, and welcome to the FG forums.

When you make an new item, make Type either "Melee Weapon", "Ranged Weapon" or "Defense", and it will populate either list.

/Honken
    I really should do a demo video illustrating this.

Aside from the Item types, the specific Vehicle Types are: "Ground Vehicle", "Watercraft", "Aircraft", and "Spacecraft".
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I think it would help in general if we could sticky a thread sharing this info.

Well don't I feel silly. I entered "Melee Weapons" and "Defenses" in the Type field, but never thought of trying their singular forms! Thanks everyone for your help. I look forward to running both my Traveller and my DF game in Fantasy Grounds!

One other question. How does everyone usually track ammo? On the Inventory page, and just manually decrement the Quantity field after each shot? Just curious.

Thanks again!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ssostac1 View Post
    One other question. How does everyone usually track ammo? On the Inventory page, and just manually decrement the Quantity field after each shot? Just curious.
    I use the Shots field and manually edit. So if I fired 12 rounds from my 30 round magazine I would record it as such "12/30(2)". I adjust the inventory on a magazine change or if I reload.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ssostac1 View Post
    Well, when i play Coriolis (not gurps) I use a piece of paper, and when i GM, i use a piece of paper.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

I like the idea of using the Shots field. Thanks!

Scott

I would also use a block, if I were playing in person, but since we are using Fantasy Ground and I think it is possible this type of automation would be very interesting, because then we would have a better control of ammunition in any type of NT, because what would determine the amount of shots consumed would be the cadence of weapons shots

I track player's ammo on the Combat Tracker as an effect on each of their characters (also mentioned it with some other details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post385271)

Thread Information