DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to Organize Modules

I am a new DM and new to Fantasy Grounds. I recently purchased the Storm King's Thunder and Rise of Tiamat D&D 5e Adventures to run together with a group of friends. I have also purchased all the official D&D 5e source material like the DMG, PHB, SCAG, XGE, etc. I've reading about and trying to understand the concept of creating modules in Fantasy Grounds, exporting them, and then importing them into other Fantasy Grounds campaigns. I am still having a little trouble understanding exactly how to organize my various campaigns and modules in this case. For example, the SKT and ROT modules also pull from the Monster Manual and other official D&D 5e source material so I would need to load those modules in order to make any changes to SKT or ROT. However, for the campaign I have open where I actually run the adventure, should I load any source material there at all or just use that as an "empty shell" campaign where I only load extensions and rely on modules for loading the source material? My only concern with this option was that the source material could be loaded multiple times if I have packaged it with each module.

How do you more experienced FG DM's prefer to organize your campaigns and modules?

Hi erunamo114 - Welcome to the forums!

You've posted this exact same question elsewhere. Please keep questions like this to one thread - it makes it more efficient and doesn't waste people's time saying the same things posted across multiple threads.

I'm going to close this thread and leave a link to your original post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ns-and-Modules

Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information