5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for 2 older players, new to FG and D&D

My brother and I are learning FG, I am the DM. We are slow, plodding, make lots of mistakes, and re-dos as we are learning the system. We are not young, I am 62 and he is 56

I have not played D&D for decades and am learning 5E, my bother ( the player ) has been playing 5E for a long time.

We are looking for VERY classic characters, very basic ( currently running a Fighter and a Cleric as test characters )

I am going to be running The Lost Mines of Phandelver ( we have been testing out the first few encounters )

We are interesting in finding mature players, that will tolerate our style, and humor ( often inappropriate ) , and leave ego at the door, and learn this system with us. Be supportive and not try to dominate.

We are not interested in anyone that will argue rules all day long, or constantly complains this is how my other group does this. We will not tolerate meta-game thinking at all, min-maxers should not join us. You play as your character would, not what gives you the greatest advantage according to any rule-set. We are rules light, the DM will make many determinations, not always with die rolls, Die rolls will be used as appropriate. We are working out table rules as we go along.

We are looking for 2 other older players... that fit our style and can play on a schedule yet to be decided. We are in PST time zone, my bother works for a living 7:30 - 4:30pm weekdays, but I am retired and can handle any schedule.

We use Discord, and have headsets.

If you are interested, are fairly new to FG, and are new to D&D and 5th E and are a mature person that has patience... contact me and I will invite you to our discord and we can discuss your joining us and set up a schedule.

We would prefer people that are as new to these systems as we are.

I should add I have an ultimate licence and the 3 core D&D books within FG and the Lost mines of Phandelver, Free Demo of FG is fine for play ( it is what my brother is using ) and I will be sharing the Players handbook for 5E in game, no need to purchase anything at all
    Last edited by DwightLee; April 11th, 2018 at 14:35.

Thanks damned, we are hopeful, we have been trying with my brother playing 2 characters, but that is not our style, he would rather concentrate on a single character, looking over things I think 3 would be perfect for this adventure. I hope I didn't come off too harsh. There is a kind of player I remember and cannot stand, the min-max meta-gamer that will argue rules constantly. That is the only kind of player we are looking to avoid, and would really welcome someone that is new to both systems. Someone willing to learn along with us. We have fun, we take our time, we pause while one or the other of use figure something out.. we are patient, and relaxed and easy to get along with. looking to have fun, and want someone that is more interested in the adventure than the treasure pile so to speak.

Hi,

I myself am a long time player but just getting into FG.
    I'd be interested in some "learn while play" myself.
    I see you're in the Pacific time zone. What times, days and session length were you looking at?

Early evenings weekdays, ( we are old and hence have bedtimes ) potential weekend times, really up to the players on this but I am sure we can hammer out a schedule. The plan is to play once a week, twice tops

I would say 2 - 3 hour sessions, longer if the players are up to it, I would be very flexible on schedules and work to accommodate what the players can do time wise.

Realize the game would move very very slowly as we learn the systems.

I am reluctant to specify an exact date and time as I am very flexible, and when we have 3 players, we can talk and determine what would work for everyone.
    Last edited by DwightLee; April 11th, 2018 at 16:15.

I am the same age as yourself and I too played back in the 80s. I can currently only play on Saturdays; noon - 5pm eastern. I am also brand new to FG and looking to get my feet wet and coffers full. I apologize for my restrictive schedule, but if possible I would like to run (or walk) with a more mature group like yourselves.
    Thanks

I played quite a bit of 2nd edition in the early 90's and I would like to join up with some older players. I am available most evenings, but would only be able to play at most 1 night a week.

Blog Entries
    Plenty of us "older" types around... welcome!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I am also a new FG but did most of my playing back in the 80s. I am looking for a semi-regular group. I am on the east coast and would prefer later times so it might work for me to find a PT group. Let me know if you're still looking for a player. I'm up for playing any class needed.

Thread Information