FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Question Deadlands (Missing Plot Point Campaigns)

Is there anyone working on completing the rest of the Deadlands Campaigns (The Last Sons, A Stone and a Hard Place, Good Intentions)? I understand that there is a lot to do and a lot of requested stuff out there, I'm just asking because I'm starting a big campaign and I'm going to start with "The Flood" and will be continuing from there, just seeing if I would be eventually imputing the info manually or not.

I'll do them if no-one else does
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    I was going to do at least one of them but I think someone on a different thread said he was already actively working on them (or at least one/some of them???) or something along those lines. If the one I wanted to do is still available, I'll reserve it once I open a spot on my queue.

Blog Entries
    Contact [email protected] and let him know which ones you want to do. We'd love to have more of them in the store. Any work would also need to coordinate with our good friend and community dev Ikael since he's taken the reigns on Savage Worlds.

How difficult is it to polish a rule set enough to have it qualify for sale in the store?

Quote Originally Posted by dstuffle View Post
    How difficult is it to polish a rule set enough to have it qualify for sale in the store?
    Depends how much polish it needs.

The usual answer is "lots". And we're talking about a few hundred development hours here.

Then you'll need to be available for follow up support when the users find issues you hadn't tested/foreseen - and they will find them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    An official ruleset today needs as a minimum:

a fully functional ruleset without errors (of course there will be errors so you will need to fix them as they are reported), appropriate levels of automation, drag and drop of those things that players would now expect to be drag and drop, full reference manual, drag and drop libraries.
    And of course the publisher needs to be willing (this is far more likely to happen these days than in the past - its developers with the willingness, time and ability that are hard to find).

Two things, both slightly related to this thread:
    1. I'm just about to start (next weekend - 9 days from now) a Deadlands Classic campaign, with a Ruleset, Reference Manuals and Adventures I'm currently writing. My intention, once I get things done, is see if SW wants to put it up on the Store (I was looking for a project to work on now that The 13th Age Ruleset is done).
    2. There's a thread somewhere on the Forums where someone posted a bunch of Deadlands' Tokens and Portraits - anyone know where it is (for the life - or should that be death - of me I can't find it).

And for the record - The 13th Age Ruleset, 13th Age CoreRules Module and 13th Age Bestiary Module took just over 900 hours (of my time) - that doesn't include play-testing, the time Devin Knight spend creating/modifying Tokens for us, the time various people spend creating appropriate images for us, or the time SW has put in on Quality Control - and we based The 13th Age off of the 4E Ruleset, so a lot of our work was already done for us.

Yes, creating a Ruleset is a BIG job - but the 2nd one's slightly easier, because you've already learned how to save time and what mistakes NOT to make
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Yes, creating a Ruleset is a BIG job - but the 2nd one's slightly easier, because you've already learned how to save time and what mistakes NOT to make
    One hopes that is the case

Thread Information