Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    RIGHT! so how do i get my dice, to not display anything such as with that die when it ONLY shows the blank square for the dice image? because the faces of the die which is the dice image in chat will show what it needs to show, it doesnt need the number sitting on top of it to obfuscate the actual die face image.

i want the result in chat to only show the die faces rolled, and the total without numebrs overlaying the die faces. so what is doing it with that Fate die?

when the Fate die doesnt show + or -, what is causing it to show nothing, while stil tabulating the results of the "total" or "sum" of the die rolls, with nothing written on the die faces in chat?

Blog Entries
    Im not sure If Im following correctly or not.

The Fate Dice has been 3d rendered with 2 blank faces and exists in the Engine. There is no way to add new 3d dice or modify existing 3d dice.
    When the Fate dice shows a blank result it is because its landed with the blank face up.
    In Fate you add the pluses, remove the minuses and ignore the blanks and hope that you end up with a positive result.

If you look at the Warhammer rulesets and the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset they do pretty much what you have done.
    They roll an existing 3d dice with the correct number of sides and replace the output that is being sent to chat with bitmaps of symbols.
    You still see the dice land with an 8 or a 3 or whatever but the Chat only shows the correct messages.

(I believe thats what they are doing anyway...)

screenshot0006.png

look closely the first dice has the number 1 on top of it, the 3rd dice has the number 0 on it. i do NOT want the numbers shown on the dice in chat... i do want everything else that is there in chat.

(also the 2nd dice has a 0 on it, but you can only barely see it)

this is exactly what those Fate/Fudge dice do when NOT displaying the + or - on the dice... HOW?

EDIT: i tried looking at SW:EotE it doesnt do what i am trying to do unfortunately because it puts words like "success" and such instead of the total for the die rolled. i need numeric output where the 7 is in the image.

EDIT 2: Which warhammer? there is 6 rulesets for warhammer
    Last edited by shadzar; October 5th, 2018 at 14:43.

Blog Entries
    Dont worry about looking at Warhammer as the dice from SW:EotE were using similar code so if its not what works for you it wont work using the Warhammer stuff either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    screenshot0006.png

look closely the first dice has the number 1 on top of it, the 3rd dice has the number 0 on it. i do NOT want the numbers shown on the dice in chat... i do want everything else that is there in chat.

(also the 2nd dice has a 0 on it, but you can only barely see it)

this is exactly what those Fate/Fudge dice do when NOT displaying the + or - on the dice... HOW?
    Forgive my idiocy but Ive looked at your screenshot and your video and cannot see a 3rd dice with a Zero on it.
    You cannot change what the 3D dice look like other than their colour.

so FG currently lacks the functionality to display a die face without showing the corresponding number, while at th same time adding the tables total?

going back to this table/array:

Code:
    s'dice' = { #1 = { s'result' = #1, s'type' = s'd6' } }
    where the result is showing both the die face and the number, there needs a new filed for s'face'?

maybe boolean wherein true shows only the die face image, and false shows both the die face mage and the number on top of it?

but if added? where in the world would i tell the chat printer what that new field in the array is and how to react to it?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Forgive my idiocy but Ive looked at your screenshot and your video and cannot see a 3rd dice with a Zero on it.
    You cannot change what the 3D dice look like other than their colour.
    look in the chat. 3rd dice. looks like a shield with a lion or something on it... ignore the 3d dice competely.

in FG when a dice is in chat it has 2 components built form the s'dice' portion of the dice table in a chat message. there is the die face [s'type'], in just about ALL of FG this is a polyhedral shape representing the type of die rolled, and it has a number on top [s'result'], because they don't make dice with pips on them digitally i guess?

it is the chat output where the bajillion dice i rolled is in the image, that the 3rd dice has the 0 on it. and s'type' controls the die face image shown in chat and the number on it
    is s'result', but i want to count the results, but not display the actual result on top of the die face image.

Blog Entries
    Ill be honest you might have lost me.

You cant change the 3D dice and you cant change the face that lands up.
    Something similar may have come up in the past in regards to Fudging rolls - eg being able to tell the dice what should be on top?

You will probably need either Trenloe or more likely Moon Wizard to chime in here I think.

Is it only an aesthetics issue right now? As in the rest of the roll and display is working?

You might keep moving forward on other things until one of the above chances upon your thread...

Blog Entries
    Edit: I see a pindercarl below and while he doesnt know the current engine as well as Moon Wizard he probably knows the new engine better than anyone....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    look in the chat. 3rd dice. looks like a shield with a lion or something on it... ignore the 3d dice competely.
    OK!
    I see it now. It might also be on the Skulls too.
    And I still have no idea how to help you with it!

Thread Information