Starfinder Playlist
    Blog Entries

5E Spell Level Not Updating in Powers List - Bug or Intended Behavior?

So, I was adding a spell manually to my powers list on the action tab, and for the power/spell record, the level does not update from a cantrip (level 0) to a level 1 spell until I lock the record. I am guessing that this is intended behavior, but I thought I would check with the hive mind...

Steps:
    1. Create a new PC.
    2. On Actions tab, click Edit and New Power.
    3. Add power name 'Sample Spell' and group 'Spells'. The group list name will change to 'Spells (Cantrips)'.
    4. Click shortcut icon to open spell record, which is unlocked.
    5. Change level from 0 to 1 and close the record. The group list name is still 'Spells (Cantrips)'.
    6. Click shortcut icon to open spell record again, which is still unlocked and level 0 (reverted back from 1).
    7. Change level from 0 to 1, lock the record, and close it. The group list name changes to 'Spells (Level 1)'.

I tried this with existing spells, and the same thing happens. They will jump to the appropriate group list only after locking the spell record.

I don't consider this a major problem - slightly awkward maybe, but not a big deal. Is this how the ruleset is intended to work? Often there is a reason things work the way they do in FG, so I was just wondering about this one.

Edit: I should mention that I am using the Test channel with CoreRPG 3.3.5 and no extensions.
    Last edited by leozelig; April 8th, 2018 at 13:47.

The name will change to Spell(Level 1) as soon as move the focus into any other field. So do what you were doing but instead of closing the record immediately click on any other field after changing the 0 to 1.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I will try that - thanks, Zacchaeus.

It looks like the update function runs when the record is locked/unlocked if I am looking at the right script, in which case this is working as intended, but I will try your suggestion. I don't know why, but it confused me.

Thread Information