FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Sammage and I are working on character concepts. Anybody else started yet?

I haven't just yet. I was waiting to see what we're going o be using as far as supplements and if the setting has been nailed down yet, and what everyone is thinking of playing, to see if there are any holrs in the party that need to be filled.
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

I've been working off of the Superpowers Companion for Savage Worlds, using the Pulp Heroes power level (15-point power pool, Max 1/3 starting power points (5) in a single power, unless you take the "Best there is" Edge or a second Major Hindrance for "Super Karma"[+5 PP]). I'm currently working up 3 different characters, all with a Pulp feel. One is a Tank, and the other two are support/ranged. I may also roll a martial character. I really can't decide which one I want to play-- trying to stay versatile so I can fill in whatever we lack in the party. I know you played a Tank in Dershem's game, Trueshaft-- wasn't sure if that is the role you are most comfortable with or not. I've been hoping we'd hear from Mgrancey and Reaver7 soon-- I know Greenie was a Martial Artist, so I don't want to usurp that role if that's what Mgrancey wants to play again. Assuming that we will be running a more or less low-level superhero campaign, I don't think a dedicated healer is as important as it was in Heroic Fantasy-- combat just isn't as lethal, normally.

Ok, I think I have decided on the character I want to play, unless he is too much like a character one of you want to play (and if he is, please speak up-- I love the Superhero genre and I love creating characters. I'm stepping up because we need to get the ball rolling if we are planning to play this coming weekend). The character I think I want to play is:

Marvello the Magnificent. Marvello is a famous stage magician/adventurer with some actual magical abilities. He has an innate Illusion power (sensory, not mental), but the remainder of his abilities come from his magical accoutrements. Has a mystical ranged attack (cane), a shield (charm bracelet), and some utility powers and skills that will hopefully prove useful. I also plan for him to have a quick-release Derringer up his sleeve that he uses in his stage act. Marvello is a bit of a showman-- he wears a formal top hat and tails with a cape wherever he goes (yes, look and design based on Mandrake & Zatara).

I basically have his skills and powers down-- need to finalize decisions about his Hindrances and create an image/token and write a background (and begin thinking about creative ways to use his powers-- he isn't the straightforward beat-stick that Deacon was).

DMReckless-- I will PM Marvello to you for approval after I finish. Probably won't be today, but I will try to give you as much time as possible to look him over before the 1st game session

Progress Marches On!

As the new century approaches, progress sweeps across the United States. Rail expands westward while the new inventions of the industrial age continue to astound and amaze. While cities expand in leaps and bounds, much of the rural northeast remains pristine and ripe for development. Continuing his father's legacy as a pioneer in the lumber industry, Reginal Covington III has revolutionized the sawmill in new and exciting ways, multiplying efficiency tenfold. The mill at Culver's Ferry, a small lakeside town in northern Mississippi, is representative of the crowning achievement of the Covington Automated Timber Saw Production And Wair system. So when lumber stopped flowing from Culver's Ferry several weeks ago, Reginal sent men to investigate. When they were found a week later, wandering aimlessly in the woods of the nearest town, they babbled incoherently and then attacked their discoverers.

Reginal Covington III is not ready to give up on the people of Culver's Ferry, nor the highly important mill there. But the madness of his first expedition has driven away any hope of mounting a second. Until, that is, he found some people who seek out the strange and face the unknown with bravery and wisdom.... until he found you.

PCs should be built as humans with the Savage Worlds and Superhero Companion books (Pulp Hero/15 points). The timeline is the late 1890's. Period firearms are fine, as are "superscience gadgets" reflected by your power choices. (Edit: Magic works as well as super science, different trappings, of course, but a common enough theme among gaslight and pulp.)
    Last edited by DMReckless; April 23rd, 2018 at 00:47.

Ok I'll get to work on my character then. I can't finish him up in FG till Tuesday - when I get paid as all I have for SW is the ruleset.But there are some good online character creators I can use to get him ready.
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshaft View Post
    Ok I'll get to work on my character then. I can't finish him up in FG till Tuesday - when I get paid as all I have for SW is the ruleset.But there are some good online character creators I can use to get him ready.
    I could stand up a Chargen table for you to use. I have the Superheros supplement.

So, in these 1890s I assume 'powers' are rare? Are they steampunk in nature or more of a Jules Verne/H.G. Wellsian flavor? OR are they of a mystical bent? Or a mixture of those...or something else.

My concept is a shapeshifter but I don't want to veer too wildly from your world vision.

Extremely rare, I'd say, like your group was formed due to the rarity of your special skills. I would prefer a more Verne/Orwell/Burroughs/Stoker feel to things... a shapeshifter could work. As far as the science/mystical goes, it's kind of a mix, but it origins are rooted in something else, which will be revealed as the campaign progresses,

My guy is still in process. However general concept is

Sam Nez, a Navajo Skinwalker, was born in the early 1800s. Skinwalkers are evil of course and Sam was such for some time. Then he found grace somehow (working on that part). His evil past weighs on him and he is trying to atone for his early life. As you can see from his birthdate he has the Ageless power. He has lost some of his Skinwalking skills as he atones and can no longer transform into animals, but is still gifted with the ability to shift his human form (Chameleon power). He has also learned how to change his body into different shapes almost like he's made of flexible rubber (Altered Form). This has given him a resiliency reflected in Armor, Deflection and Super Vigor powers.

So, he's kind of a Native Plastic Man.

Thread Information