STAR TREK 2d20

LFG: New player interested in D&D 5e

Hello,

I am a new player interested in joining a game that meets weekly or possibly more. When I make a commitment I stick with it. I currently live in China GMT +8 so that may or may not be problematic. I have purchased Ultimate in order to try to encourage my face to face group here to migrate to the system, though I might move down to Standard. I almost always choose to play paladin, for various reasons, so I hope that is not a problem. Please let me know. I am eager to get started.

Travellintroll

A month later and I still cannot find a game to join.

Would someone kindly allow me to join their game?

I've seen a bunch of games being advertised over the last month - did you apply to those?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I've seen a bunch of games being advertised over the last month - did you apply to those?
    Yes, all those games that were at times which were suitable to my schedule. I have a very open schedule. I work during the day and am available anytime after 5PM and anytime on the weekends after noon. However, I live in China. So, in the span of one month there have only been 3 games which were suited to my schedule.

Blog Entries
    Travellintroll the group you want to get into is a group that sticks together for many months or even years.
    The problem is that if this group goes for many months or years then there are few openings ever in the group.
    Combine that with our less common Timezones and it takes longer to find a group.

However you dont have to limit yourself to games running in UTC+8 or +10. It depends what time the game is running in your TZ.
    This game for example might still fit: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...BST-09-00-EDT)

Otherwise... you might start a new group, advertise for players but the players must be willing to take a turn at GMing something, for a minimum of 2 sessions.
    Everyone gets to be GM, every gets plenty of time as player. You all learn from each others styles, you get to play many more games etc.

And lastly - people like to play with people they know and like. I dont recall seeing you join in at FG Con - these events help you meet lots more players and GMs which can help you find more longer term games.

hey i have a game at 8am- 8pm your time;
    LFP 5ed hardcore/homebrew campaign. Mondays starting 08:00 AM-EST USA, 12pm UTC/GMT -4. Discord Voice;https://discord.gg/dkaF77X

Quote Originally Posted by wsorrentini View Post
    hey i have a game at 8am- 8pm your time;
    LFP 5ed hardcore/homebrew campaign. Mondays starting 08:00 AM-EST USA, 12pm UTC/GMT -4. Discord Voice;https://discord.gg/dkaF77X
    That's perfect. Thanks.

Thread Information