FG Spreadshirt Swag

Melee Attack Powers

Is there a way to change the underlying skill Fighting of a melee attack power to a different skill?

Blog Entries
    What skill would you want it to be other than Fighting for Melee? Just asking, as I have never thought about this before and doing some nosing around.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Just found a typo in the SW PG experimenting with this.
    Last edited by Mortar; March 31st, 2018 at 20:03.
    Ultimate License Holder

I'm playing around with a Dark Age of Camelot adaptation. In DAOC each melee class has a style they can train so I was looking at using powers for that purpose, which will work as is, but I was also considering adding new skills for Dual-Wield, Polearm ect, each of which would open new powers at different ranks. I don't see a way to change the Fighting to one of these new skills, and indeed I'm not certain i want to go that route yet in any case.

I thought of powers because they they naturally have a power point mechanic, and the styles used by melee classes should have an endurance mechanic similar to power points.

Oh, and I'm trying to do this with what the implementation by fantasy grounds offers through the interface, rather than any programming.

Anyway, not big deal, just wondering if there was something I was missing.

Blog Entries
    Instead of trying create those as a skill, it might be easier for you create them as an edge. Polearm I when they first get it, Polearm II and the next rank/power and so on. Might be an easier route, although that means a lot of edges
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Hlynrian View Post
    Is there a way to change the underlying skill Fighting of a melee attack power to a different skill?
    Yes there is, I've made a video showing you how to do it!

https://youtu.be/FMdt9-enpno
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Doswelk, love your videos and thank you for showing us how to do that. it is not exactly what I had in mind as I may not have communicated it clearly. I have pretty well satisfied myself that I cannot change the underlying Fighting skill to a different skill when creating a melee attack Power on the powers tab, though your video shows us how to do a melee attack, on the combat tab. Hope the image below works as I've never tried to attach an image before. Cheers!

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 4.55.48 PM.png

The same process will work on the power tabs.

Just make sure you are using 4.6 (Test mode not Live)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Right! Just figured that out after I go in test mode. Very nice addition to the system!

I'm not up on how Super Powers work, but when you change the attack type to Melee, it does not roll against the targets Parry stat but a base 4, working as intended?

Thread Information