STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Savage RIFTS?

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone

Savage RIFTS?

Has there been mention of a Savage RIFTS rukeset? Also if not how compatible would the normal Savage Worlds ruleset be?

This is my first time really looking at Savage Worlds (dur to RIFTS) and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    Has there been mention of a Savage RIFTS rukeset? Also if not how compatible would the normal Savage Worlds ruleset be?

This is my first time really looking at Savage Worlds (dur to RIFTS) and I'm liking what I'm seeing.
    There is very little likelihood of a license being granted for this.

Having created my own module for it, I can tell you that bringing it in yourself is not impossible. Works pretty well, even.

The Savage Worlds 4.6 ruleset version (which I believe is still in testing) even adds support for automated Heavy Weapons and Heavy Armor, which covers Mega Damage and M.D.C.

In fact, the only problems I've run into are related to the character sheet. There's simply no good place to drag-and-drop player character Monstrous Abilities or Iconic Framework abilities. This affects more than the Savage Rifts setting, so one of these days I need to haul my keister over to the Wishlist, and make the request official.

Some info in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4-Savage-Rifts Look at the post by GunbunnyFuFu

There's an extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Extension-V1-1

There are other threads on Savage Rifts also - use the site search facility to check them out...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I use a variation of that dandy extension nearly every week, Trenloe. Still doesn't help me slot the racial abilities or Iconic Framework qualities anywhere other than Edges and Hindrances, though, which is my chief beef.
    The Edges and Hindrances tabs of a Savage Rifts character get obnoxiously packed right about the time you finish character creation.
    And there really should be a distinct place to put racial attributes/monstrous abilities, regardless of setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    And there really should be a distinct place to put racial attributes/monstrous abilities, regardless of setting.
    Please log any enhancement and feature requests to the Savage Worlds ruleset here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ha! You linked me a link I linked! I think you owe me a coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    Ha! You linked me a link I linked! I think you owe me a coke.
    No coke owed - just asking you to haul that keister!

Yeah...little chance of it coming to FG now. That being said, several of us have rolled out various bits and pieces, or in some cases, the entire Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide. With the heavy armor and weapon support of Savage Worlds version 4.6, plus the enhancements to powers so that having two arcane backgrounds isn't as big a deal, Savage Rifts is VERY doable in FG. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to help and give pointers/help walk through how to do it.

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    Thank you all!

Been away from the computer for a few days. I may send a few PMs as I start looking more into this.

Thread Information