STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Wait Listing Players and Sign-Up Order for FG Con

Wanted to verify this, and put it in its own thread so next FG Con I can remember this. Can someone verify these for me...

Wait List
    With the FG Con booking system, once the max number of players is reached, no new players can submit booking. This means that the system on the face of it does not support a waitlist.

One way of achieving a waitlist is to set the max number of players higher than the intended max number and then not accept the final player(s) so that they stay pending. If you do this, you need to be clear about it in your posting and emails.

Sign-Up Order
    The system does not record the order of bookings, so it's important to keep the booking emails so you can accept players in the order that they sign-up.
    (edit: add comments about email)
    Last edited by LordEntrails; March 25th, 2018 at 02:43.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The Booking System does NOT support Waitlisting.
    If you choose to set the bookings at X + 1 and only accept the first X make sure you are communicating with everyone involved what their status is.
    Players can also express a wait list interest in the Comments.
    We will be running in the FG Discord this time around and hoping that there will be a few lurking players about at game time who might like to jump in on games.

As damned says - the system does not accept waitlisting.

Our recommendation is that you only post the maximum positions you want for your game. Do not post positions+1.

If people want to wait list for your game, they can ask via the event comments.

The reason we don't want GMs adding extra spaces for events is that we have seen players "spamming" events - trying to get into any event via some form of wait list. Then these players don't check on the latest availability, or find a game and don't care about all the others they requested wait listing.

I know it's not ideal, but the best thing is to list your event with the maximum number of players you want. Send emails to your players (you can get their emails from the FG Con website booking list) and get communications going. Let them know that you want some feedback to at least know they're going to attend, and if they can't (stuff happens, it's cool) let you know and also cancel the booking to allow someone else to join the game.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I think until you accept your maximum number of people, the event is still open for sign-up. You can accept over your max if people have already tried.

I can run 7 instead of 6 in my game, so I accepted 7. If all of them show up, I am OK and if 1 doesn't I am at plan and it takes more than three before I need to hope for more players.

I wish I could run Rappan Athuk a few times, but I will be in Vegas with my best friend and Friday morning is what I can do.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information