STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The thing to remember is that data can *always* be entered manually - either by the GM or by the player who owns the PC.

We've been spoiled by the fairly recent level of drag/drop automation in Fantasy Grounds (especially for the to selling 5E official WotC products). But this shouldn't stop us playing games/settings that don't have that level of automation/integration. Enter the data manually. Sure it take a little while longer, but it lets you play with the system/setting/rules you want!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    At least I'm not the only one saying that Stuart....
    John - I'm a HUGE fan of RMC (sshh I'm falling out of love with 5th Ed tbh) ... I'm not going to do anything with the ruleset until summer but I'll have a look at bringing it in-line with the other more combat-tracker and user-friendly rulesets we have. To start with, simple things like allowing Bold type and so on as per the other rulesets would be a plus. A larger font size for my ageing eyes would not go amiss either!

It's actually pretty easy to add more races if you don't mind a bit of typing (though doing a copy/paste from an existing module helps speed things along).

I created a module to add the MERP Races a while back.

The easiest way to see how to do that is to have a look at the Character Law module file (RMCCharacterLaw.mod), rename it to .zip, then have a look inside. It is all XML, so it depends on how complex you want to be, but the basics are the following information (taken from the Sindar Elf I created). Again, look at how the XML in the Character Law file is setup to create your own module. I do not really know programming (I did a bit in high school, but that was long ago, doing things in BASIC, and maybe a bit of Pascal), XML is pretty easy though.

Code:
      <reference static="true">
        <racedata>
          <title type='string'>Table BT-3: Special Racial Modifications</title>
          <footnote type='formattedtext'>
            <p>
              <b>KEY:</b> ESS - Essence; CHN - Channeling; POS - Poison; DIS - Disease; ST - Strength; AG - Agility; CO - COnstitution; IG - Intelligence; IT - Intuition; PR - Presence.
            </p>
          </footnote>
          <list>
            <id-00005>
              <title type='string'>Sindarin Elves</title>
              <name type='string'>Sinda Elf</name>
              <statbonuses>
                <strength type='number'>0</strength>
                <quickness type='number'>10</quickness>
                <presence type='number'>10</presence>
                <intuition type='number'>5</intuition>
                <empathy type='number'>0</empathy>
                <constitution type='number'>5</constitution>
                <agility type='number'>10</agility>
                <selfdiscipline type='number'>10</selfdiscipline>
                <memory type='number'>5</memory>
                <reasoning type='number'>0</reasoning>
              </statbonuses>
              <resistances>
                <essence type='number'>0</essence>
                <channeling type='number'>0</channeling>
                <mentalism type='number'>0</mentalism>
                <poison type='number'>10</poison>
                <disease type='number'>100</disease>
                <terror type='number'>0</terror>
              </resistances>
              <souldep type='number'>3</souldep>
              <statdec type='number'>2</statdec>
              <recx type='string'>1.5x</recx>
              <languages type='number'>3</languages>
              <hitdie type='string'>D10</hitdie>
              <maxhits type='number'>120</maxhits>
              <bmr type='number'>50</bmr>
            </id-00005>
          </list>
        </racedata>
      </reference>
    More information on how I did some of the items in the module can be found in the following thread:

Creating an Item list

It mostly talks about items, but the concept is the same between Items and Races.

There is a bit more to it, but this is the basics. I have a lot more in my module than just the Race Stats, I also put the descriptions in as well, so that it can be referenced if the player wants to. The text for that is taken straigt from the MERP rulebook, which is why I cannot just post the whole thing, I don't want to run afoul of any copyright issues. Even though ICE does not have a license to do anything related to J.R.R. Tolkien's works, the copyrights are owned by The Saul Zaentz Company (actually owned by the misnamed Tolkien Enterprises which has nothing to do with the Family at all, it is just a subsidiary of the Saul Zaentz co.), I'd rather not risk any retaliation from them.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Sulimo; April 7th, 2018 at 06:09.

Thread Information