FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Blog Entries
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about my neighbour's back yard.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Whole lot of thanks from me as GM, and my Druid player, Nim is going to love this addition. I had been adding the odd herb find to some of my game parcels. But this will blow her mind! The group are currently on an exotic Island where I have hinted already at rare plant life. Now I have in-game tables to roll on! I have added to your Rep!
    Ultimate license

Quote Originally Posted by Gadreun View Post
    Whole lot of thanks from me as GM, and my Druid player, Nim is going to love this addition. I had been adding the odd herb find to some of my game parcels. But this will blow her mind! The group are currently on an exotic Island where I have hinted already at rare plant life. Now I have in-game tables to roll on! I have added to your Rep!
    Thanks, I hope your players enjoy it. I found it incredibly useful for my own game. I originally had a druid who was building an herbology book, similar to a wizards spellbook, but with all kinds of fantastical plants that he could harvest, use and sell.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    It would be nice if this were not just a 5e resource. I could use this in at least one of my C&C games for example.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It would be nice if this were not just a 5e resource. I could use this in at least one of my C&C games for example.
    From post #1: "This module is now marked as Any ruleset, however, it was created specifically for 5e, so some NPC's and Item entries may not work properly. As of version 0.4 item entries should work in 5e, 4e, coreRPG, fate Core, Nemenera and may work in savage worlds."

The bottom line is that it is impossible to create a generic module that contains NPCs and items with all of the relevant fields populated - because fields are different between rulesets for these records. Give it a go in C&C and see what you can use. And, maybe if you really want to use it, you can make the mods necessary for C&C!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

At this time I dont own C&C, so I have no way of testing it, and no knowledge of how the XML may be different. As Trenloe says, try it out and see what works. If the XML structure isnt too different, I might be able to modify it to work, but I'd need someone to help me with samples of the XML and to test it.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    I'll take a look. Not sure how I missed that, probably sleep deprivation.

- John Diefenbaker

Is there any way to filter this story module's results so that you get a return by plant location? Like if the party were in a swamp and the druid asks to go forage resulting in them finding something, you could do this to filter down the results. Or is there a way to easily map this info into random tables by location, where more common plants would have a higher chance to roll up??

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Is there any way to filter this story module's results so that you get a return by plant location? Like if the party were in a swamp and the druid asks to go forage resulting in them finding something, you could do this to filter down the results. Or is there a way to easily map this info into random tables by location, where more common plants would have a higher chance to roll up??
    All of that is already built in. In the story entries, there is a d100 table for Scavenging plants that gives 3 different roll distributions. Easy, Medium, and Hard. Each one progressively makes getting rare and very rare things much more difficult. As the DM, you determine which difficulty level is appropriate for your campaign. There is a rollable random table for each location type marked Easy, Medium and Hard. Using this table will give you the results of your foraging. For example, if your PC's are in a Coastal area and you choose to use the Medium distribution table, look for the table "Coastal Roll - Medium". When you roll it it will output an appropriate plant from that location type.

Oh, that's super. I didn't see them in my Tables section. Rechecking now.

Update: They are there. Thank you for the great extension and the quick help!
    Last edited by paladiusdarkhelm; November 27th, 2018 at 15:44.

Thread Information