DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP For a test run! Completely Homebrew

I'm coming up with an idea for a open world sandbox game like mount and blade.

It will be using castles and crusades rule set and will have castle sieges and bandit encounters for combat.
    You will be able to work as a group, or hire your own npcs to be a solo general. The size of the battle could be from
    5 on 5 to 20 on 20 depending on how much time we have, and how many players are in the group. Battles can be simulated
    or played fully depending on time constraints. Loot will be dependent on the levels of the enemies.

Players will be able to do out of combat game play such as crafting weapons, going out to search and roll for supplies, and
    many other things you can imagine. Players may take over cities for there own purposes or for a faction. I will have villages
    that players can also plunder for gold and items, and villages will be able to have recruitable npcs.

I plan on creating a fast paced combat order limiting a player to 30 seconds to a minute in order to keep story lines, and quests
    to a minimal time constraint to avoid boredom. Players may send diplomatic messages to cities to create alliances, war, trade agreements,
    and other stances you may be able to think of. The outcomes of most of the actions will be delivered by dice.

As for castle sieges and defense, you will be able to issue 1 trap for defense, a treasure box, and a flag. Players may ignore one and go for the
    other, but if players go for the flag, they capture the base. If they go for the treasure, and ignore the base, the city doesn't change factions. Also
    if players only go after the flag and don't look for the loot, then the loot will stay if the defending player wants to do a counter attack or sneak in later
    to recover the treasure.

Players can hire npcs for a number of things from information gathering, to item gathering, to fighting and being trained to level up. Players can train
    npcs over time in order to get better quality troops. XP will be determined by dice roll and charisma skill.

As for other situations, things will be organic and will be determined on site. I always wanted a way to play mount and blade campaign mode online so
    i think this is the closest i can get.

Games will be mostly impromptu and the group can set a day that we can do a major quest or party style siege for. Please message me here or on discord.
    https://discord.gg/MfDSsR

While voice is preferred, text is welcome. I would like rp actions and in character conversations to be typed, that way comms can be strictly ooc and can have
    better organization with conversations.

Rules for voice:
    1. If people are talking over each other, and you need to say or ask something, we call "Clear Coms"
    2. If you have to have a private conversation about faction specific situations, or conversations that
    require diplomatic responses, the 2 people that are writing will need the gm to join if new stances are
    agreed on.
    3. Please don't hot mic. Put your push to talk on.

Out side of that, rules will be generated if voice is abused.

One more thing before i wrap this up, I'm new to gming so I am more then happy to have input and advice to gm. I am making my own maps for the
    game and while they may not be beautiful, it hopefully does get what i try to do across. Thanks for checking this out! Oh, I work on EST timezone. I
    can be on at different times, but as long as a time is set I can make most sessions.
    Last edited by SammyWest; March 9th, 2018 at 10:34.

Thread Information