FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Well I have hit a very confusing situation. After playing with the MoreCore Ruleset to mess around with the custom /bane and /boon rolls I achieved partially what I was trying to achieve. I wanted to make the banes show up with red negative dice in the chat and the boons to show up with green. I was able to get this to work.

At this point I decide to move those changes to the SotDL MoreCore extension. I added the custom dice to the gameelements.xml. I added the proper icons in the graphics folders and defined them in the graphics_icons.xml. I copied my modified manager_custom_bane and boon scripts to the scripts folder and added them to the extension.xml.

I deleted the modified MoreCore ruleset and reverted it to the standard one. Then fired up FG, loaded a MoreCore campaign with only the modified MCSotDL extension loaded. This is where I get the unexpected (to me anyway) results. If I have the bane script listed first in the extension.xml then the /bane uses the roll from MoreCore ruleset but the /boon from my extension. If I have the boon script listed first in the extension/xml the opposite is true. I can't work out why this is happening.

MCSotDL-Test.zip
    Last edited by mozmonar; March 11th, 2018 at 22:23. Reason: Typos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    1) The easiest way for MoreCore to handle this would be to have a different roll setup, or maybe a flag in the same roll. Either way, it will require the roll handler to be setup to handle it, and the relevant roll added to the character sheet. You'd end up with two separate rolls - one with karma and one without it.
    2) Nope. The modifier box only takes numbers. You could maybe look at applying a "KARMA" effect to a character for one roll, then look for that effect in the dice roller.
    I believe it would be two rolls.
    However why dont you use the Shadowrun ruleset instead?

While you cant have a Text label Modifier manipulate the Roll Functionality MoreCore does retain the Name of the /mod roll being used and uses it in the description. So you can have Karma appear in the roll description from a /mod 0 but it wont mechanically alter anything but the Chat Message.

Rand() is the easiest function you can use lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWest View Post
    Rand() is the easiest function you can use lol.
    LOL. If you're using not using LUA, maybe... and also not coding a FG action - there's much more to it that just a random number.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Well I have hit a very confusing situation. After playing with the MoreCore Ruleset to mess around with the custom /bane and /boon rolls I achieved partially what I was trying to achieve. I wanted to make the banes show up with red negative dice in the chat and the boons to show up with green. I was able to get this to work.

At this point I decide to move those changes to the SotDL MoreCore extension. I added the custom dice to the gameelements.xml. I added the proper icons in the graphics folders and defined them in the graphics_icons.xml. I copied my modified manager_custom_bane and boon scripts to the scripts folder and added them to the extension.xml.

I deleted the modified MoreCore ruleset and reverted it to the standard one. Then fired up FG, loaded a MoreCore campaign with only the modified MCSotDL extension loaded. This is where I get the unexpected (to me anyway) results. If I have the bane script listed first in the extension.xml then the /bane uses the roll from MoreCore ruleset but the /boon from my extension. If I have the boon script listed first in the extension/xml the opposite is true. I can't work out why this is happening.

MCSotDL-Test.zip
    I havent time to peek just now.
    Typically I would register a new roll - all the steps were posted a page or two back.
    call them /bboons or /bbs or /bb or /bsbs or whatever and register the new roll in your extension.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I havent time to peek just now.
    Typically I would register a new roll - all the steps were posted a page or two back.
    call them /bboons or /bbs or /bb or /bsbs or whatever and register the new roll in your extension.
    I had considered that. But I avoided it because I already have so many PCs and NPCs with multiple /bane and /boon rolls linked on them and I was trying to avoid having to go change them all.

If I can't work out what the issue is I will probably just unpack the MoreCore and replace the rolls there since I know they worked there. I know that it will overwrite if/when a new version is released. I have more work to do on it still.

Blog Entries
    You have three scripts with the same name - DesktopManagerSotDL

<script name="DesktopManagerSotDL" file="scripts/data_library_com.lua" />
    <script name="DesktopManagerSotDL" file="scripts/manager_custom_boon.lua" />
    <script name="DesktopManagerSotDL" file="scripts/manager_custom_bane.lua" />

They all need unique names.

<script name="DesktopManagerSotDL" file="scripts/data_library_com.lua" />
    <script name="CustomDiceBoon" file="scripts/manager_custom_boon.lua" />
    <script name="CustomDiceBane" file="scripts/manager_custom_bane.lua" />

That makes sense. So the last one listed is the only one to execute. Cut and paste you are a fickle friend!

p.s. Thank you

Thanks again damned
    After changing the script name it worked perfectly. The banes show red negative dice, the boons show green positive. I slightly altered the text string as well. Appreciate you holding my hand through my awkward fumblings through the xml and Lua stuff.

Thread Information