DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 37 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    Check your router model and look here for port forwarding instructions: https://portforward.com/router.htm

As mentioned above, you need to forward TCP (protocol) 1802 to your FG computer's IP address.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

well. i got a success message when running the connection test, but i still get an error message when i try to join a game. may be the game address? thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by maratanza View Post
    well. i got a success message when running the connection test, but i still get an error message when i try to join a game. may be the game address? thanks for the help.
    Can anyone else connect to your GM? As a player you don’t need port forwarding to connect to the GM. The GM does need to be running heir campaign and waiting for you to connect.

Confirm the address with the GM and that their side is waiting for connections. If it is up and running check that other people can connect to the GM OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Yes as the Trenboss points out - players dont need the connection test success. You might notice this option is only on the GM screens - Create New Campaign and Load Campaign.
    Your GM needs to get the connection success message...

Hi everyone! I've been trying to connect to a game hosted by my DM for hours, tried everything to no success.

What I did:
    - Installed tryed to connect to a game using my username, an alias or my DM's IP address. I tried it with different network configurations and firewall settings, but received the "Could not connect to the host" error all the times.

What I tried to fix the problem:
    1. Tested my connection in the app - success.
    2. Forwarded the 1802 TCP port to my PC's IP address.
    3. Created exceptions for the FG application, 1802 port in Windows firewall. I even tried allowing all incoming TCP traffic without any program and port limitations.
    4. Disabled both Windows firewall and antivirus and made sure I have no other network security software enabled.
    5. Tried to connect my ethernet cable directly to the PC without using any routers.

None of the above worked. I don't know what else to try, especially considering that I don't want to host games, I just want to connect to an existing server, so as far as I understand, I don't even need the 1802 port opened.

I would appreciate any advice, thank you!

Blog Entries
    hey blackbada thats no good.
    unfortunately if others can connect and you cant it may be a routing issue between your two networks.
    find your public ip and have the GM do a tracert w.x.y.z where w.x.y.z is your public IP and you do the same to hers.
    there should be some similarities (reversed) in the routing - you should be able to tell if your traffic is getting lost somewhere by comparing it to hers.

Blog Entries
    Hello blackbada,

Players don't have to configure their router and rarely have to adjust their firewalls. Can you confirm that the DM has other players connecting from outside their home network and that they have a TEST Successful message when they check on their end? The DM is the person who needs to port forward.

Sorry but I can not post my tracert results as a text nor as an image due to my forum status limitations.

I can confirm that other players have no troubles joining my DM's games.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My results (sorry for the Russian, but I think it should be understandable) - attached above

I will post my DM's results ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbada View Post
    Can you also confirm that the GM is running their campaign, waiting for you to connect, when you are trying to connect? FG has no cloud presence for campaigns, the GM needs to have their instance of FG running waiting for you to connect.

Thread Information