5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    How often are you thinking of playing and what setting are you using (or is it a home brew action)?

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Setting - not fully decided but either Middle-earth (using the MERP stuff from Rolemaster) OR Shadow World (of course) - no set adventure yet.
    How Often? - I'm hoping pretty much every Friday for 3 hours or so.

I'll try and put stuff up next week.

If you're taking sugestions, my vote would be the Shadow World.

and I have no preference. I've had MERP for a while and am going to be running a session soon with my Pathfinder group, but I've never had the chance to play Rolemaster before. So, I'll just be happy to play any setting.
    Licence: Ultimate Licence Holder - Anyone can play in my games
    Systems: D&D 5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Craggles (and anyone else whose time fits) how does Friday night GMT 7:30 sound? Possibly starting next month? I think I'd need a minimum of three players for the game to work.
    Hi, I could probably join the game most of the time on a Fri until maybe 5:30 EST (10:30 GMT). If work is likely to get in the way I'll let you know. What RM ruleset are you planning on using? Would you be OK for players to get a jump on character creation (eg using a dice server where rolls could be shared with you)?

I'd probably prefer Shadow World, given a choice. Always found it strangely confining playing any game set in Middle Earth! However, I'd enjoy any setting.

Looks like a vote for Shadow World, we'll be using Rolemaster Classic. I'm happy if you want to get a jump on character creation and use a server ... I'll post some details next week with an aim to getting started after FG Con is over. I'm a little rusty with the ruleset but I'm sure it'll come flooding back after a few sessions. Eidolon and Sel-Kai sound good?

Eidolon and Sel-Kai sound good?
    Eidolon and Sel-Kai sounds VERY good!!!

...and I won't cheat

I'm a little rusty with the ruleset but I'm sure it'll come flooding back after a few sessions. Eidolon and Sel-Kai sound good?
    Sounds great!

I've not played RM since 1990ish so look forward to relearning... I've got the RM classic rules on FG so will start planning.

Excellent! Can't wait to get started!
    Licence: Ultimate Licence Holder - Anyone can play in my games
    Systems: D&D 5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    Sounds great!

I've not played RM since 1990ish so look forward to relearning... I've got the RM classic rules on FG so will start planning.
    Just come up with a 'warrior from the icy wastes' character concept. Actually fleshed out the character last night too! Whilst I got carried away with this concept, I'd be just as happy to play a mage, cleric or other type of character if another player are keen on a warrior.

Carn 'Boulder' Crannock

Carn was born to two tempestuous high humans within the 'Running Snow Dog' Tribe of nomadic hunters of the Vingaard, the great frozen tundra on the continent of Mythenis. The Vingaard live brutal lives, and Carn was no exception. He was freakishly large, fast and strong and became a tribal warrior at 15 years old.

During his adolescence and apprenticeship, Carn became a seasoned and scarred warrior, and earned a place in the Thrall's personal retinue. Unfortunately, Carn was also prone to the occasional uncontrollable black-out rage, where he would attack anyone within reach.

Four years ago during the feast of Tardvek, Carn was goaded into a fist fight with the Thrall's eldest son, Tanark, a savage warrior who could have been Carn's brother. During the skirmish Carn started to get the upper hand and Tanark drew a dagger and stabbed Carn in his side. Carn flipped and, in his rage, battered Tarnak so much that he caused permanent brain damage. According to the laws of the tribe, Carn's victory over a foe who cheated in one-to-one combat earned him Tarnak's prize possession, a magical Battle Axe. Also, according to the laws of the tribe, his failure to show mercy to his beaten foe earned him exile from the tribe.

For the last four years Carn has eked out an existence as a caravan guard, then a mercenary. One day he will return to his tribe with a means to heal Tarnak and win back their respect. Until he has fully mastered his rage, Carn resolves to travel the world, honing his warrior skills and learning to master his demons.

Thread Information