5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Hi Stuart. Just applied as well. I've only ever played MERP before so, while RMC is just an 'advanced' version of what I already know (knew), Shadow World is completely new to me. I'll get started on a character in the next day or two.
    Licence: Ultimate Licence Holder - Anyone can play in my games
    Systems: D&D 5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds

Ugnan’s background.

Ugnan had treasured his life. Born into a large, wealthy and respected family, he had experienced little hardship other than the death of a younger brother. This had prompted him to study the healing arts and he became spoken of as the local healer, affectionately known as Uncle Ug.

Life moved on, he read other books, married, had kids and they had kids. He was happy and would have died as such but then the pestilence came.

It left nothing in its wake other than bodies and blighted crops. It was all consuming. All perished.

Except Ugnan.

Some inner spark fought back while he lay unconscious so that he was able to wake to an empty nightmare devoid of all that he had loved.

No family or friends and no income. His blighted crops and extinct livestock all refused to return. Those neighbouring folk who had looked upon the disaster wanted no dealings with the cursed survivor. Ugnan became destitute and starving. He was forced to move ever further from his home away from those who knew of his story.

At 47, the grey haired, pot bellied lost soul wanders, looking for coin, companionship and, most of all, a new home...

Hello all

Hey Terry

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

so how do I enter a game?

First you need the Fantasy Grounds app as a player (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/) and a game to join (like this one).

The GM creates a server on game night which we join through the Fantasy Grounds app. This is the virtual tabletop for the game and we talk through an app called Discord (https://discordapp.com)

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

I am new to FG and I am interested in playing a RMSS game. I know they don't sell it for FG , but heard some GM's run it. I only played RMSS in one group for many years. I'm sure we used many house rules. In fact, I know our GM just removed the magic resistance for Halflings and Dwarves and called it balanced. Thus those races had horrible stats and no one played them. As without the magic resistances they had many more negatives stats than bonuses. So I guess between relearning the system, and learning FG I'm a total noob.

I am EST U.S., looking for a regular group. Fairly flexible schedule for a regular group.

Posted on this page as it is at least a post done this year . So if this is in the wrong place and a moderator needs to move it, please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever@# View Post
    I am new to FG and I am interested in playing a RMSS game. I know they don't sell it for FG , but heard some GM's run it. I only played RMSS in one group for many years. I'm sure we used many house rules. In fact, I know our GM just removed the magic resistance for Halflings and Dwarves and called it balanced. Thus those races had horrible stats and no one played them. As without the magic resistances they had many more negatives stats than bonuses. So I guess between relearning the system, and learning FG I'm a total noob.

I am EST U.S., looking for a regular group. Fairly flexible schedule for a regular group.

Posted on this page as it is at least a post done this year . So if this is in the wrong place and a moderator needs to move it, please do so.
    Hi. Not sure I'd have enjoyed that campaign! We play RMC not RMSS so that might be a problem for you? We play 19.30 GMT until about 22.30-23.00.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Shield View Post
    Hi. Not sure I'd have enjoyed that campaign! We play RMC not RMSS so that might be a problem for you? We play 19.30 GMT until about 22.30-23.00.
    Cheers!
    I love RMSS, but I don't have a ton of experience with RMC. As far as I know they are close enough for me to enjoy both. No diminishing returns seems to be the big difference (my group talked about). So at level 50 you can end up with 1k (exaggerated I'm sure) OB's and DB's. If a player just spammed stats into one of his combat skills each time he leveled. Where I think in RMSS it caps at 300ish. The other big difference I think I remember is the starting bonuses were different. But that would only be something you dealt with when creating or leveling a character. And I am guessing that math is taken care of in the FG system.

The only potential problem is the time, and of course whether or not I fit into your group personality/roleplay wise. I am not big on military time. I am also not sure about the change for Britain? So I'm guessing the time you play is 12:30PM-4PM U.S. EST? That is a decent time for me. I guess the other problem is what day? For some reason I think I read Friday? Which is also perfect for me.

I might be confusing another Email, but I'm thinking your doing Shadow World. I bought the box set and read some of it, but my GM's/Group were never even interested in looking at it. It seems like it could be a very interesting setting if done correctly. Though could be challenging for some GM's to use correctly. Glad to see you enjoy a challenge So if the day and time fits that is great.

Hi Stuart. Is your RMC campaign, referred to in this thread, still ongoing, occurring on Friday evenings (GMT) and looking for another player? Many thanks, Jan

Thread Information