DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG Con 12 PFS / SFS GM Muster

Opening a thread for GMs to discuss their plans for Pathfinder Society / Starfinder Society games during FG Con 12.

I will be running at least one PFS table - maybe two (one higher tier, one lower)

Also - VC Jesse Davis sent out an email yesterday to previous FG Con GM's with logistics information, but I've seen email spam filters flag messages he sends via his pathfindersocietyonline.com email address - so check your Junk/Spam folder if you don't see an email from him in your inbox.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

I was thinking of running a session or two. Likely SF if I can find the time to do modules before then

At minimum, I will run SFS 1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! for Starfinder Society. (tier 1-4, no ship combat)

Since there has been announcement they want to try out Discord this time, does anyone know whether using Discord will be mandatory? I don't think I will run anything using Discord, because my connection to Discord tends to be too bad to do the amount of talking a GM has to do.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    Since there has been announcement they want to try out Discord this time, does anyone know whether using Discord will be mandatory?
    Sorry but it is mandatory. Any voice comms for FG Con must use the specific FG Discord server. There would be too much confusion and gnashing of teeth if people start spreading out over other servers or technologies. Sorry, but we don't make any exceptions, for whatever reason. If one person runs somewhere else, then lots will want to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    because my connection to Discord tends to be too bad to do the amount of talking a GM has to do.
    Is there anything anyone can help with to test this out and get it working reliably for you?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Is there anything anyone can help with to test this out and get it working reliably for you?
    I don't think there is. I played several games using Discord, and for some reason, it just stops sending what I say at random times. It's not that much of a problem when I'm a player, although annoying, but I can still listen to everyone and have to disconnect and reconnect sometimes. But if I want to run something, especially in a tight time-slot, that would slow things down too much.
    Maybe I'll think about buying a new mobile device (either tablet or phone) and try running Discord there.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

If you're using Discord via the web browser, then try downloading and installing the client. When I first used Discord via the web browser, the sound quality was absolutely awful. But someone suggested I install the Discord client and after trying that, I've had no problem. For me, the sound quality of TeamSpeak and Discord are now the same.
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

I tried installing the client, a few times actually, but that doesn't work for some reason.
    As I mentioned, if I happen to buy a new mobile device, I'll try installing there, maybe that works.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I'm considering running AP1 in a one day session on Sunday.

Thread Information