STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hi guys, been a while...

I'm keen to play, only have 2 options though:

Captain Ember Novastar (Swashbuckler 5 / Dawnflower Dervish 2)
    Ulfgar Longarm (Barbarian 7 / Brawler 2)
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

So far, it looks like we are falling in the middle of the two tiers with one person playing out-of-tier either way we go.

Blackfoot - Inquisitor 7
    bsktballchmp85 - Sorcerer 7
    Melanie - Pregen 7
    DdySean - Bard 5 (or maybe 6, no option in upper tier)
    Malkavian_Andi - TBD (options in both tiers)
    Lord Kavos - Swashbuckler/Dervish 7 or Barb/Brawler 9, no option in lower tier
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Blog Entries
    Looks like playing down with lots of excess power.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

We can only play down if all variables end up being the lowest possible for this given setup (DdySean's character being 5th level, LordK bringing a 7th level character, and me bringing a 6th level character). That will bring us to APL 6.5, at which point we're allowed to round down, thus getting low subtier.
    If any character is higher level than that our APL will round to 7, which brings us to high subtier with 4-player-adjustment.

There's one loophole, though. If neither LordK or I bring anything higher than 7th, we're allowed to play down because nobody actually is within the high subtier.

So, what's everyone's opinion on this? If people want to play high tier, I'll bring one of my 8th level characters, if people want to play low, I'll choose one of the other characters I have.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Sorry my next pc is only 3rd...
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

Yup I’m def in with my level 7 human sorc. I may run a few minutes late as I am on the west coast now and i get out of work shortly before the game but should be home in time

Sean just sent me an email saying he will have to play a pregen. Due to some paperwork discrepancy, his character is only level 4. So I might suggest we target playing in the upper tier with Lord Kavos and Malkavian_Andi bringing their higher level characters.

here is my character for tomorrow afternoon. I will be making 2 purchases prior to game start but have a couple questions on it first. I plan on buying a wand of magic missile cl 7/9 but not sure of the price of them or how many casts come on the wands and the other is amulet of protection +2. not quite sure if I have shield built correctly or not either.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I believe you have to buy a fully charged wand with 50 charges (unless it comes from a chronicle with specific number of charges listed). The price of a wand is equal to the level of the spell Χ the creator’s caster level Χ 750 gp. So CL7 wand of magic missiles = 5,250gp, CL9 = 6,750gp. Amulet of Protection isn't a standard item, so I don't know the cost off-hand (or if it is PFS legal). A ring of protection +2, or an amulet of natural armor +2 are both 8,000gp

Actually, you can only buy wands at minimum caster level unless a higher CL wand appears on a chronicle sheet. So it's either a CL 1 wand of magic missile or you have one with a higher CL on one of your chronicles, in which case the cost will be given there.

Keven's right on the amulet. There is no such thing as an amulet of protection in the rulebooks, so you'd have to have access to that on a chronicle sheet. But as Keven said, there are ring of protection and amulet of natural armor available. If you still have room for either, I suggest buying the ring of protection, because that's a deflection bonus and therefore applies to touch AC and CMD as well.

Also, here's my character:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malkavian_Andi; March 3rd, 2018 at 07:54.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Thread Information