FG Spreadshirt Swag

Desktop Extension issue

I've got a custom desktop I created as an extension a long while back that I use when I run CoC games (when I'm working on developing things - games, modules, etc., I use a clean interface). This is the first time I've loaded it in a while, and I've found a couple of issues that have apparently occurred due to some of the updates for FG since I ran it last. The basic desktop is a black leather image... and that works fine. However, the right side (where the FG game icons load) should be a bordered brown leather. Instead it's showing the default green leather. An example below:

https://singularitycollective.org/im...oCDesktop1.jpg

The desktop base image is this:

https://singularitycollective.org/im...desktop_bl.png

I don't know what's changed to make this happen, and before I start hacking away at the code for this I want to ask here as I'm pretty sure it's likely an easy fix. It looks like the widths have changed between the player and Keeper instances, and I'm not sure where to find those changes.

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Look at the graphics\frames\desktop.png file in the CallOfCthulhu.pak ruleset. It's a different size - 300 wide versus 500 wide in your image. Try trimming 200 pixels off the left side. If that doesn't work, get the dimensions of your file to match.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Where the desktop used to be a single frame for the background and the sidebar as part of a single image, the latest version handles it differently. The background is a single frame definition (desktop), and the sidebar is a separate frame definition (shortcuts).

I’m thinking that the right edge you are seeing is the built-in theme shortcuts frame, which you will need to override.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 25th, 2018 at 00:36.

Blog Entries
    You need to look at the definition for

<framedef name="shortcuts">

The widths are different based on the number of campaign tools being loaded.

ninja: took too long looking up the answer!

Yea, I found that by checking out the Theme_Dungeon desktop extension. One of the issues I found immediately is that my black leather desktop image sidebar isn't wide enough, so I had to remake it with a 200 pixel width sidebar.

However, I found the issue and fixed it. The issue I kept having was how the image was being laid in the shortcuts framedev - it wouldn't work properly in the player instance. In an effort to try to isolate exactly how the shortcut framedev worked, I isolated each section to see how the program laid the image down. By commenting out the <middle> and <right> sections, it suddenly worked perfectly:

Code:
    <framedef name="desktop">
        <bitmap file="desktop_bl2.png" />
        <middle rect="0,0,400,400" />
        <!-- <right rect="400,0,200,400" /> -->
    </framedef>
    <framedef name="shortcuts">
        <bitmap file="desktop_bl2.png" />
        <left rect="400,0,200,400" />
        <!-- <middle rect="400,0,200,400" />
        <right rect="400,0,200,400" /> -->
    </framedef>