5E Character Create Playlist

accidentally exported npc info and cant remove player access

i created a westmarches campaign, and then after it completed, i exported all the npc's i created into a module. following the advice of module creation i then created duplicates of the npc's in a devlopment campaign, so that if i had to i could export them to other campaigns(im really proud of them :P) after tinkering with several other things, i proceeded to export my entire development campaign into a module. after finding out that my players could see all the information on my npc's (including backstory stuff) i went back into the development campaign and re exported everything but the npc's, so as to hopefully create a player module without them. after going back into the main campaign i find that while on my side it says they should no longer have access to it, as it is no longer in that module, they are still able to see everything as if i did nothing!

any ideas?

I can only assume that you shared the module with your players, or created a player module. If you did then whatever was in the module the players will be able to view. Normally players cannot see NPCs (unless you share an NPC with them). So in your development campaign you would need to export just the NPCs into a DM module (don't tick the 'player module button) and then export the other player related stuff into a second module. Once a module is shared with the players it will remain in their cache so you might need to get them to clear their cache in order to remove the original module information. On the other hand did you create the NPCs as PCs? If you did then the players would have access to those from the selection screen. You can sort that by right clicking on the PC in the Character selection window and selecting 'Take ownership'.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks I figured the player cache part out, but am I right in that I'll need separate campaigns for both the player and dm modules?

You don't need separate campaigns necessarily although that's probably advisable. Just make sure that you export only that which you want your players to see as a player module. And the DMs stuff as it's own module.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 21st, 2018 at 16:22.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    When you do the export, you can either export everything for a specific category or you can drag shortcut links for specific items you want included in the export.

Thread Information