DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Stupid Question (the first of what I'm sure will be many...)

Disclaimer: I'm really, really new to FG (haven't played or run a single session yet).
    RuleSet: 5e

Question: How do I get the PC icons w/names to appear in the upper-left hand corner?

Hi Hjorimir,

The Character Portraits will appear when a Player connects to the GM and selects a character. You can do this yourself by opening a second instance of FG and "Joining" the first using a connection of "localhost".

Any other questions, just ask

Also, if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

BTW, with a join date of Dec 2004 - wow, and you still haven't played a game

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 21st, 2018 at 11:25.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

You might all benefit from a couple of classes at the FG College too
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You might all benefit from a couple of classes at the FG College too
    post above yours is another crappy spam shilling post which I am deleting

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    post above yours is another crappy spam shilling post which I am deleting
    Well spotted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Started looking at VTTs back in the day, but never got around to it.

Thanks for the reply, I've see it working now.

Next stupid question: Using a second client to attach to the campaign I was able to run a mock combat after creating a few characters. In one of the various videos I've watched, there was a thing where the DM basically approved a player's movement. That didn't happen during my mock combat. What am I missing?

Blog Entries
    FGC has great classes for the beginning DM on how to use FG.

You need to lock tokens first.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

As JohnD says, right click over one of the tokens on the map and select 'Lock Tokens' Players will now be able to move the token but you will need to approve the move by middle mouse clicking on the token or by right clicking and selecting approval from the radial menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    Next stupid question: Using a second client to attach to the campaign I was able to run a mock combat after creating a few characters. In one of the various videos I've watched, there was a thing where the DM basically approved a player's movement. That didn't happen during my mock combat. What am I missing?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...okens#Movement
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You guys are awesome!

Next: I've added some tokens for my characters (all made custom if that matters). Everything seems fine, but the character tokens are not displaying the health dot or status icons next to them in combat. The monster tokens seem to work find. What am I doing wrong here?

Also: The auto-center map feature only seems to be working on the DM client and only for the NPCs. Is there a way to get it to auto center on the player's client? Can I have it auto center on PCs during their actions too?
    Last edited by Hjorimir; February 21st, 2018 at 18:07. Reason: Second question.

Thread Information