FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    It looks like it is down again, unfortunately...

Blog Entries
    I used it almost every day this week including last night (up to about 8 hours ago) but it is indeed down.
    The data centre is being absolutely awful at responding to tickets.

I hate to say this but I think you might want to consider moving to Discord or another Teamspeak server.
    As much as I would like the server to be reliable its not at this time.

Its paid up for another 6 months or so and I doubt I will renew.
    I will review as it gets closer and based on feedback but...

Oh - I know - I had no issues this week using it. I was actually surprised it was down. Hopefully they'll bring it back up soon!!

Damned, have you checked out any alternative data centres for hosting this?
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    Damned, have you checked out any alternative data centres for hosting this?
    Not really.
    At its peak there were many hundreds of regular users.
    With the popularity of Discord there are far fewer users today.
    The server does cost a reasonable sum each month in its current lousy DC and wont be any cheaper elsewhere.
    I think it is probably getting pretty close to retirement time for the server.

Well that would stink. I like Teamspeak a bit better than Discord but I get the dollars and cents thing. It looks like the Server is still down even now unfortunately...

We used this for our game yesterday:

https://www.ts3.cloud/

It was very easy to set up and use, and the occasional ads were only mildly annoying. I'm sure there are other similar services.
    Last edited by Callum; June 18th, 2018 at 15:35. Reason: Typo

Do you have any plan to put new serwer? ts.fg-con.com still down

Blog Entries
    I host my own server on my NAS (I have as ASUSTOR NAS). They are free for up to 32 users.

This has always been a side project hosted (and maintained) by damned personally from what I know.

I used to pay for a larger server for my Alliance when I was a big Eve Online player and I just checked. 150 user servers are about $22 a month.

Or you can apply for a non-profit licence and host up to 512 people for free (which is what I assumed that damned did).

damned - I can take care of server expenses for a year on a better server if you are willing to maintain it. I prefer Teamspeak to discord and this public server is a community resource. Contact me via pm if you want to discuss.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information