DICE PACKS BUNDLE

West Marches Style Game Idea

Based on some feed back I've been getting from some of my players I thinking of doing some West Marches Style games for C&C.

Q: What is West Marches?
    A: There is a Civilized town where for whatever reason there is no danger. Adventurers do their thing because they want to be Hero's. The further out from the civilized town they go the more dangerous stuff becomes. There is no set group, and players can join any number of groups throughout the course of their career.

This system works very well with one shots, the difference being that it still gives a campaign feel, as the actions parties do are shaping the world.

Obviously this offers a great opportunity for players who can't always make regular games but want to play. It is also great for new players who are struggling to find a game and for players who simply want to try a game system.

This gives Game Masters who have busy schedules a chance to run more games as they can just give notice whenever, then its up to the players to rally a party.

I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head on how I would set this up, but before I start putting pen to paper I'd like to get some feedback on how many people might be interested in something like this.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Blog Entries
    I'd be happy with an ad hoc game to join. Not sure if the C&C user base is sufficient enough to get you into an actual WM type of game though; it's criminally under promoted and under utilized IMO.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I would also be interested in this. I had fun yesterday and I am looking at buying the C&C PDFs.

Quote Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
    I am looking at buying the C&C PDFs.
    Never pay full price for C&C products - Troll Lord Games have sales all the time (I think they have a 25% off sale for 24 hours right now) - you just have to be quick. Sign up to their newsletter at https://www.trolllord.com/ to get emails when they have sales.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 21st, 2018 at 05:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I'd be happy with an ad hoc game to join. Not sure if the C&C user base is sufficient enough to get you into an actual WM type of game though; it's criminally under promoted and under utilized IMO.
    I agree, I only heard about it through word of mouth about a month ago. I think one of my pathfinder players was tired of me complaining about the amount of rules in pathfinder and mentioned it. As soon as I started reading it I fell in love. I feel there are a lot of old school gamers out there that would really enjoy it. I do agree more aggressive promotion of the game is needed.

I like that there is incentive on their Knights of The Crusade site for organized play, but I haven't found any instructions on the site about how you demonstrate that you are running games. Aside from posting it on their forum. If it wasn't for FG Friday I never would have known about their forum or their rewards for organized play.

All that being said I'll be running a game during FG Con. I looked at my schedule last night and it seems to be clear. I should be able to register my game today.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Blog Entries
    Get this going! I'll play any of Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday nights with regularity. The balance of the days, every 2nd or 3rd week (I have my own games on those other nights).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I would definitely play this on a regular basis. I only work part-time because of my disability, so I have loads of free time.
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Thread Information