FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Stuck with pre-3.2 library

Hi, I pasted the contents of my old app data folder and now my library no longer offers me the added buttons for building a characters ie: Spells, skills, feats etc etc

How do I either:
    Return these options
    or
    if I re-install, what do I want to ensure is not being over written that caused this?

Tks =D
    Last edited by Ego-Tripical; February 20th, 2018 at 16:21. Reason: typo in title

I'm guessing you're running an older ruleset - as you've copied over an old app-data backup.

Run an update so you have the latest rulesets and commercial modules.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

To be sure you can look at the version numbers for CoreRPG and the ruleset you're running in the chat window when you load up. Most recent versions are v3.3.4.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Update was the first thing I tried. Running 3.3.4.

So it sounds like I can re-install and omit the ruleset folder to avoid this?

Or go to Library and make sure the buttons are checked

Or go to Library and make sure the buttons are checked
    That panel is missing from the library. It just looks like the old one. Later I am going to reinstall and then just add the tokens, maps, images, character folders cause I think that's all I really need. I just wasn't sure what I pasted caused this so I can hopefully avoid it again with a number of trial and error reinstalls.

Are you running any extensions or themes? These may need updating.

Post a screenshot of your chat window after loading the campaign - this will show us what is being loaded.

Oh, ok

Oh yeah I will need to update them then. That's fine cause it looks like there are some extension that came out in my absence I'm going to want to get.
    extensions.PNG
    chatlog.PNG
    Last edited by Ego-Tripical; February 20th, 2018 at 17:17.

Yeah - update extensions and also update those rulesets - they are still v3.1.2 - that is the actual cause of your original issue.

Go to your <FG app data>\rulesets directory and check for unzipped CoreRPG and 5E directories. If there aren't any, delete CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak and run an update.

Thread Information