Starfinder Playlist

Fantasy grounds does not open.

it just sits in the background running and does nothing, i installed it like 20 times in the last 8 hours trying to salve this issue.
    i install it, i run it and the updater comes up and i update it. then i run it a second time and it does a large update like 5 to 10 min long. then runs in the back ground.
    and everytime after this when i start the app it does nothing. FYI i tried it both on steam and on windows 10. steam had an issue where it would not stop running and it was just messed up. on windows it just runs in the background but at least i can shut it down with task manager.
    please help me, it seems this has lots of bugs.

A few people, me included see FG taking a long time to start - a few minutes to get to the initial splash screen. This has been possibly linked to other apps running at the time on the computer.

I recommend you try this:
    1) Completely reboot your computer.
    2) Don't start anything else (not even a browser).
    3) Immediately after logging in, start Fantasy Grounds.
    4) Give it a few minutes. Monitor the FantasyGrounds.exe process in Windows task manager - is there any CPI activity? Is the memory slowly increasing?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok i tried that and i waited about 5 min watched it on the task manager stayed at 0% cpu and ram at 1.9MB never moved.

fyi
    my computer is a
    i7 6700k
    32 GB ram
    2x Radeon R9 390 8GB in crossfire

i have never had issues.
    funny thing this used to work on my POS laptop, lol

Delete FantasyGrounds.exe from the Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds directory then download the Web installer from the Home page and run that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

oops... nm
    Last edited by Morik; June 6th, 2018 at 07:08.

Thread Information