DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problem importing DDI character

Ok, With some playing around with the files, downloads and the files are in FG. Which is Brilliant. Thanks for all your help & advice

Next problem is 4E Characters. I have tried the Character converter using these steps.
    1/ Selected appropriate character file from saved characters and the "use modules from..." box was left ticked [Attach A]
    2/ I Click convert and it says "Path: D:\Users\David\Documents\CHARACTER BUILDER OFFLINE UPDATED\Saved characters\Tarieth.dnd4e
    Import to Local Character List: false"
    At the end it also says it could not covert the PC (I left in some of the txt in below, but didn't print all of it)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Null Argument Node. <Path:.; Info:TallyRulesElements(Perception Bonus)>
    Node Read Error. <Name:RulesElement; Path:specific[@name='Short Description']; Info:TallyRulesElements(Perception Bonus)>
    Could not convert Tarieth: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    at CharacterConverter.CharConverter.SearchModules(Xml Node characterNode)
    at CharacterConverter.CharConverter.ConvertButton_Cli ck(Object sender, EventArgs e)

So could anyone please point me to the right forum, or if the solution is simple let me know?
    Cheers Maldev
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moved to a new thread as this new problem has nothing to do with the 4E Item Parser thread it was posted in. Please keep issues/discussions to a relevant thread. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you post the character file causing the issue?

Regards,
    JPG

I have tried several character builder files in addition to this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I mainly use the offline CB. I have discovered today through trial and error that the online CB converts and imports better into FG. The offline CB does not.
    Live and learn I guess.
    Is there a way make the offline CB file compatible with FG. Just asking

If you turn off the "Use modules from the module manager to lookup data" option, then the file should convert successfully. The module manager lookup never supported 4E, since there were never any official modules. I'll add a check in the next patch release to address the exception, as well as clean up some of the output. It looks like the DDI character format has been changing slightly to remove empty fields, which causes additional warning messages.

Regards,
    JPG

"Use modules from the module manager to lookup data" option is the way I have used the converter and it doesn't convert for me.
    I tried 11 PC's, none of which worked from the offline CB. When I imported to the online CB, then exported, converted and added to FG they all work.
    Cheers

I was able to convert the example one you posted to an XML file by disabling the module manager option. Are you able to convert that example (Durin Foebane) from above by turning off that option and selecting the output to XML option?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    "Use modules from the module manager to lookup data" option is the way I have used the converter and it doesn't convert for me.
    Moon Wizard is suggesting *not* using this option.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

D'oh, sorry I have NOT been using that option...

Thread Information