Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Permission Denied?

Hey guys, what would cause this?

Code:
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Test/CampaignRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Test/db.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Test/modulestate.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Test/extensionstate.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Test/windowstate.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher
    Wasn't doing anything fancy, just loaded a few modules, to setup the framework for some testing, then closed the campaign and got this. Shouldn't be windows related as the account running is the admin account and hasn't encountered this issue with any other campaign I've created...any help would be great! Thanks!

It looks like you don't have permission to access the files that FG is trying to save to.

Have a look at post #5 of this thread for some help in setting permissions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Permissions were the first thing I checked, not the issue, I'm just going to delete the whole campaign and try it with a fresh one, see what I get. I'll post again if the error is persistent.
    Ultimate License Holder

One other thing. What OS are you using? The file location isn't right for any version of Windows that I'm aware of. Unless that's the default location for a fresh install of Windows 10. Commonly the campaign data is saved to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    One other thing. What OS are you using? The file location isn't right for any version of Windows that I'm aware of. Unless that's the default location for a fresh install of Windows 10. Commonly the campaign data is saved to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\
    Yeah, ProgramData is the default for recent installations.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmSpector View Post
    Permissions were the first thing I checked, not the issue, I'm just going to delete the whole campaign and try it with a fresh one, see what I get. I'll post again if the error is persistent.
    Try running FG as administrator. Right-click on the startup icon and select "Run as Administrator" (it might be under a "more" submenu).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As the others pointed out, this error is stating that Fantasy Grounds is unable to write these files to disk, because Windows is saying that the permission has been denied.

There are 2 workarounds:
    * Go into Windows Explorer and add Everyone group with full control to the permissions on the FG data folder.
    * Run FG as admin using the right click option (or update the shortcut)

I am still researching this issue, and I think it's related to a combination of running FG after an update where it still has elevated permissions. If you close completely out and start back up after update, it should create the permissions correctly. I'm researching how to downgrade permissions after updating, but Microsoft doesn't make it easy.

Regards,
    JPG

Yea it's 8.1. Running in an admin account, and only having trouble with that one campaign, and no other campaigns, so far. It's odd, I'll poke around some more, see if I can replicate the issue.
    Ultimate License Holder

I am still getting this error now. tried all the permissions, and nothing is working. As soon as i try to open the DND DMG, it kicks out everything.

Runtime Error: Exception: bad allocation

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cube_of_Force.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Daerns_Instant_Fortress.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dagger_of_Venom.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dancing_Longsword.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Decanter_of_Endless_Water.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cloak_of_Elvenkind.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cloak_of_Protection.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cloak_of_the_Manta_Ray.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cubic_Gate.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cloak_of_Displacement.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Demon_Armor.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dragon_Slayer.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dust_of_Disappearance.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dimensional_Shackles.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dragon_Scale_Mail.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Driftglobe.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Elemental_Gems.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Thread Information