FG Spreadshirt Swag

Can't load 5e campaign

Apologies all, found the guidance elsewhere.

Before loading your campaign in FG, backup your current db.xml file (just in case, then rename the latest db.backup.XXXXXXXXX.xml file to db.xml. Load up your campaign in FG and you should have the last data from the backup - you may have lost some data, but not all of it.

Mild anxiety here, game coming up, failed to load campaign.
    Said it had a backup, not sure how to make it load this.
    There's a lot of stuff there I really need...

Initial attempt to load was possible a slightly put of date version (?a month or so), tried updating, no luck...
    Last edited by woodscanner; February 25th, 2017 at 11:29.

Hi, woodscanner welcome to FG and to the community.

You will find all of your data for your campaign in he Fantasy Grounds/Campaigns/Nameofyourcampaign folder. Inside that you should file a file called db.xml which is the file that FG loads when you load that campaign. In addition you'll have a number of files called db.session.XXXXXXXXXX.xml which are backup files. The XXX bit is just a number. So in order to open up one of these backup files you need to first rebname the db.xml file to something else and then rename the backup file that you want to db.xml. Then load up your campaign and hopefully you'll find your campaign at the point where it was backed up.

Incidentally do you use any kind of cloud based backup software which points at your campaign folders?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Just in case anyone finds it useful I run this script once every now and again to backup all my important FG stuff to the cloud.

It creates a new backup - date stamped - of all the db.xml files and it updates the big backup with any changes to the campaigns, extensions and custom rulesets to a single file amd dumps them in both Dropbox and Onedrive.

Code:
    echo off

:BACKUP

:GETTIME
    echo "GETTIME"
    set hh=%time:~0,2%
    if "%time:~0,1%"==" " set hh=0%hh:~1,1%   
    set dt=%date:~7,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~10,4%%hh%
    echo %dt%

:BACKUPTARGET
    echo "BACKUPTARGET"
    echo %userprofile%\DropBox\
    if not exist %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData mkdir %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData

:BACKUPXMLFILES
    echo "BACKUPXMLFILES"
    echo %dt%
    echo %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\
    7za.exe a -tzip %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\%dt%.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\*.xml -r

7za.exe a -tzip %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\%dt%.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\*.xml -r

:BACKUPCAMPAIGNFILES
    echo "BACKUPCAMPAIGNFILES"
    explorer %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\
    if not exist %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\campaigns.zip 7za.exe a -tzip %userprofile%\OneDrive\FGData\%dt%.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\*.xml -r
    7za.exe u -tzip %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\campaigns.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\*.* -r
    7za.exe u -tzip %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\extensions.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\extensions\*.* -r
    7za.exe u -tzip %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\rulesets.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\rulesets\*.* -r -X!*.pak -x!*.zip -x!*.xcf

explorer %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\
    if not exist %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\campaigns.zip 7za.exe a -tzip %userprofile%\OneDrive\FGData\%dt%.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\*.xml -r
    7za.exe u -tzip %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\campaigns.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\campaigns\*.* -r
    7za.exe u -tzip %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\extensions.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\extensions\*.* -r
    7za.exe u -tzip %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\rulesets.zip %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds"\rulesets\*.* -r -X!*.pak -x!*.zip -x!*.xcf

:LISTFILES
    echo "LISTFILES"
    dir %userprofile%\DropBox\FGData\
    dir %userprofile%\"OneDrive"\FGData\
    echo "Always double check that the backups have indeed worked!"
    echo "Happy Gaming"
    pause

Wow, why is it that when I really, really can't find how to do something I end up in empty forums, but this forum is so extremely helpful even though it's now fixed?

Thanks both very much for helping out an incompetent :- )

Blog Entries
    Nice share

Just getting around to using this. Looks like this has a few requirements/assumptions?
    - Requires 7Zip be installed?
    - Uses default location for FG Data Directory?

Any reason not to disable/remove one of the two cloud backups?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Yes - needs the command line tools for 7zip installed (free)
    No reason at all - put them both in just to test it...
    This only uploads changed files too in the bigger backup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yes - needs the command line tools for 7zip installed (free)
    No reason at all - put them both in just to test it...
    This only uploads changed files too in the bigger backup
    Nice, thanks again.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information