DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about incident at Absalom Station

For anyone who has played or ran the first module in the Dead Suns adventure path, approximately how long did it take you to get through it?

We took 7 x 3 hour sessions. The group was slow to get moving - I didn't give them too many clues in the early investigation part (plus there's a couple of high DCs needed), so they floundered around a bit for that. But soon got moving after the first couple of sessions.

If your group doesn't role-play much you will do this quicker than we did - as me and our group like to role-play.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the reply. What was your opinion of the module?

Quote Originally Posted by timdog88 View Post
    What was your opinion of the module?
    I liked most of it. I think the beginning investigation relies too much on making a couple of hard skill checks, and you'll probably end up feeling sorry for the players and giving them a very unsubtle hint.

After that it gets going quite nicely. One area gets a bit of "too much of the same monster" syndrome, but it makes sense why.

There's a good chance that at the end the PCs won't get all the info they need and will rely on others to point them in the right direction for part 2.

There's plenty of scope to reduce DCs or make sure the players get the info they need themselves, if you don't like spoon-feeding them via NPCs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you look at youtube, there's some actual play's you can watch with people running it. I find these interesting when I'm going to run something cause sometimes different dm's add some story elements that are pretty cool. Plus on a new system it lets me watch to see how it plays out and to see if there's any potential problems to look out for.

I am pretty big on tossing in some custom events or tweaked bad guys to leverage the background stories of the players. A custom fit just feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    I am pretty big on tossing in some custom events or tweaked bad guys to leverage the background stories of the players. A custom fit just feels better.

I have been doing this for years as it is a great idea and also you side step people who read the adventure in advance
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Thread Information