DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Healing effect or item setup for PC

Greetings, all! I think this is my first post in your lovely forums. I would appreciate any Pathfinder help you could give. This sounds like it should be very easy and I'm just over-complicating it.

My question: how do you set up a healing item/action for a PC to heal themselves? Alternately, how do you create healing items/effect for PCs to heal each other?

I'm using Pathfinder and having trouble setting this up on our barbarian PC. (Not sure if this matters, but I bought the official core ruleset)

I'm trying to follow Trenloe's instructions.

I can't get past step 4. I don't see an option for Healing effect (but I do see "reparse spell actions"). I've tried dragging in Cure Light Wounds, but that hasn't worked. It adds a spell description, but nothing I can actually use in the game.
    1. Create a new "spell class" in the actions tab.
    2. Put something like "10" in the level 1 spells available box.
    3. Right-click on the "Level 1" header and select "Add spell".
    4. Name it "Healing potion" and right-click on the new spell and select Add Spell Action -> Healing effect.
    5. Click the "Click to edit/hide details" down arrow after the heal box, drag a D8 to the heal dice control and add a 1 to the final + box.
    6. Change "Mode" to "Preparation" (the mode button at the bottom of the window) and click on one of the greyed out circles to the left of the healing potion name. If you have more than one potion add more circles to represent using them.
    7. When you want to apply the healing, target the recipient and press the healing "red cross" button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zen2000; February 14th, 2018 at 04:57.

If this has been covered again recently, please point me to that post. Most of what I found is several years old.

Quote Originally Posted by zen2000 View Post
    I'm trying to follow Trenloe's instructions.

I can't get past step 4. I don't see an option for Healing effect (but I do see "reparse spell actions").
    I've just checked and "Add Spell Action" is a right-click option for me - the arrow icon right above "Reparse Spell Actions".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've just checked and "Add Spell Action" is a right-click option for me - the arrow icon right above "Reparse Spell Actions".
    Thank you! I wasn't clicking in the right spot to get the menu. I created a short video to show others what I did to get this going. I know I'm new at this, so if I missed something important in that video, please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by zen2000 View Post
    I know I'm new at this, so if I missed something important in that video, please let me know.
    That's about right.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information