5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Question Discord newbie- HELP!!!!

Right so I am supposed to use Discord rather than Teamspeak next weekend, so I am not going to bother with sound effects, can't be arsed with all the faffing about as I have a working weekly Teamspeak config that works perfectly for my group.

What I really need is some guidance on how I am going to use Discord, the FG Teamspeak has multiple channels and I used to just create a temporary channel for my game. Looking at the FG Discord channel there just seems to be 10 game channels:

How we will know what channel to use?
    We will be allocated a channel or do I just find a free one and nab it?
    How will the players find us?

I am sorry if these are stupid questions but I have been using Mumble/Teamspeak for years and only use Discord for text chat and even then not too much, it is a messy product.

Basically I think I am asking for HELP!!!!!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Instructions will be forthcoming to all FG Con GMS shortly.
    You will have the ability to create your own channel and sub-channel during the FG Con event.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Instructions will be forthcoming to all FG Con GMS shortly.
    You will have the ability to create your own channel and sub-channel during the FG Con event.
    I hoped that was the case, but thought I'd better have a panic attack just in case
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    I hoped that was the case, but thought I'd better have a panic attack just in case
    Thanks for asking, it was on my list to do

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I used to like teamspeak and the ability to host my own servers, but discord is just so much easier with the web interface and where you don't need to have a client if you don't want too.

... and a very cluttered messy one indeed. But aesthetics are subjective.

My 11 year old manages it fine so that’s probably an endorsement as much as I dislike it compared to TS.

Speaking of which, I signed up for some ungodly 4am? Extension class so Is there some way I can hop on TS for some kind person to explain how to do voice chat in it other than being invited to a 1 to 1 chat (my only experience with it)?

I’d hate to miss it. I know the last time I tried when was trying to get some ruleset question help, I never found out how to work “rooms” but was able to use it for typed chat which is fine except not as helpful as I suck at typing my questions clearly.

For voice chat in discord? You just click on the channel that has the speaker icon to the left of it. Text only channels have the # symbol next to them. I am using the app but I think the web interface is the same?

I’ll go check when I make it home. It was very diffeeent than TS and all the older school (from ventrillo (when forced) to game voice by MS recall anyone? Lol) I’ve used over the years.

I think it was a problem not seeing “rooms” like those on TS currently, but perhaps I was looking in wrong way or just late night stupid.

OK well if you need help, let me know. I have TS installed, also. I am also signed up for the Extension class but it is 5pm for me.

Awesome

I look forward to visiting your country some day. Just got to show my son Edinburgh Castle first then will see if a Greece vacation or Far East comes next for “big” trips.

Thread Information