STAR TREK 2d20

Chat Window Tiling Question

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. I searched and din't find much on this topic.
    I did find some developers information, but wasn't able to figure this out.
    My question is how do I go about stopping the chat frame from tiling my image? I want to create a custom image (ex. parchment or scroll) and have it displayed in it's entirety.

Thanks in advance or any help! Love this product by the way! My group is enjoying it greatly!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kberg100 View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. I searched and din't find much on this topic.
    I did find some developers information, but wasn't able to figure this out.
    My question is how do I go about stopping the chat frame from tiling my image? I want to create a custom image (ex. parchment or scroll) and have it displayed in it's entirety.

Thanks in advance or any help! Love this product by the way! My group is enjoying it greatly!
    Welcome kberg you need to have a look at how 9 slices works topleft, top, topright, left, middle, etc....
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post196974

Thank you damned for the quick reply. I did figure that out for my desktop background, but I cannot seem to find the file that has those parameters for the chat window.
    The only parameters I am finding in the theme extension I am working on is for offsets.

Thanks again!

The frame is called "chatbox" in the CoreRPG-derived rulesets.

The "offset" tag is just a shortcut of defining the 9-slices, as opposed to detailing each region using topleft, top, topright, etc.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._Assets#Frames

Example: If you have a 100x100 frame graphic, and the offset tag is 10,10,10,10.
    Then the regions would be.
    10x10, 90x10, 10x10
    10x90, 90x90, 10x90
    10x10, 90x10, 10x10

Regards,
    JPG

left, top, right, bottom

Cheers,
    JPG

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the info! So if I have an image ex. 300x500 that I want displayed without being sliced, how would I go about that.
    Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kberg100 View Post
    Sorry for late reply and thanks for the info! So if I have an image ex. 300x500 that I want displayed without being sliced, how would I go about that.
    Thanks for the help!
    Well the fun thing Ive found with 9 slices is that you dont have to use them all but you have to understand how they work.
    no slices stretch
    topleft, topright, bottomleft, bottomright dont tile either - their sizes are fixed and they are placed first
    top and bottom will tile horizontally to fill the gap between topleft and topright and bottomleft and bottomright respectively
    left and right wil tile vertically to fill teh gap between topleft and bottomleft and topright and bottomright respectively
    middle will tile vertically and horizontally to fill the gap between top and bottom and between left and right

so there are many ways to use only one slice or several slices but you have to think about the starting source image size, the minimum and maximum sizes that the FG window will be displayed at and how/where your source image tiles or does not.

You can’t display without being sliced, because the chat window can be different sizes and be resized. So, the frame has to be a 9-slice so it can be displayed at whatever the size that the user’s screen is.

If you don’t define as a 9-slice (ie no edges), then the frame would tile the main image to fill the space. This really only works if your frame is a solid color only.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information