STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    If you're in this group or interested in an alternate steat, I'll be on tonight at 7p Central... that would be a great time to talk characters, setting, test your MIC, etc.

Take care! - Savoy

We are starting this campaign this Tuesday (March 6th) and have had one position come open (we have 5 players and 1 GM).
    A real life change took one of our players out before we got started up.
    Please drop a message here or PM me if you might be interested in joining up.

I'll post again here when the position is filled.

THanks!

- Savoy

Bump... still looking for 1. Lost our Druid but open to any class if it some with a great player!
    - Savy

Full party again. Thanks for the PMs here and messages on descent. If I end up with an opening again, I'll post something here to let you all know.
    - Savy

Quote Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
    Full party again. Thanks for the PMs here and messages on descent. If I end up with an opening again, I'll post something here to let you all know.
    - Savy
    We have had 1 spot open in the party (one opening out of 6 spots). We are three sessions in but its still a good time to add someone. Our fighter1/rogue1 had a RL job change so we're in the market for someone. Please see the first post in this thread for game details, etc.

You are welcome to post your questions here or PM. Selection will be based on team fit and will remain open until filled.

So far in the party we have
    Lucus Half-Orc Ranger2
    Hotspur Elf Monk 2
    Zaagand Gnome Wizard2
    Thenan Half-elf Sorcerer2
    Xanthus Human Cleric2

Thanks!

Filled... thanks!

Thanks for the PMs here and messages on descent. If I end up with an opening again, I'll post something here to let you all know.

- Savoy

Wanted - 2 spots:
    Rouge, Ranger-melee, or Paladin types got to the front of the line.

First Post:
    FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: Central USA(-6)
    Day of week and time: Tuesday’s 7 PM (1900 hrs Central Time)
    Start date: March 6
    Duration & Frequency: 3 hours (+/- 30 min.), most weeks
    Term: Open Ended

Text or Voice: Voice - please have a working microphone
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 ish. More Role Play than Combat but I have to admit, I love a good fight.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 slots filled, 2 open.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st, standard, quick advancement
    Character restrictions: Standard PHB class and races, other wizard’s publish considered (check first). No dragonkind PCs. No evils (we're the good guys/gals)

Details: The Talisman

Tag: Don’t fashion me into a child that needs saving from a dragon. I am the dragon, and I will eat you.

Hook: The Lost Valley is a safe haven for the last remaining good people of Laerakond – a continent of ancient dragon empires and mysterious kingdoms. The power that has protected The Valley is fading and in order to restore it, a small group of youth are selected to leave their homes and family to find... The Talisman.

Game Setting: Set in a forgotten part of the Forgotten Realms – a take on Returned Abeir (Laerakond). Think Forgotten Realms meets Game of Thrones with a lot more dragons.

Selection: Apply by posting interest and character concept here:
    https://discord.gg/c29ZeJN (Descent Discord Channel) Be sure to include your forum name so I know how to send invites to the game when accepted. Selection based on team fit and concept.

Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2982

About Me: I've been gaming since the beginning - DMing since the 80's. New to FGs app. so please be patient with me in the beginning in the tech department. I've won a few rewards for GMing (some in the VTT format and the Pbp) over the years. I'm looking for fun folks to RP with and you should like storying telling as much as anything else.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have 'here'.

- Savoy

How serious do your games tend to run? Please phrase your answer in the form of a movie or media franchise.

I've been playing RPGs (starting with the Original D&D) since the late '70s. Took a [looong] hiatus during deployment (for about a decade), and now starting to get back into it. I am learning 5E and FG, but if you are still LFP, I have extensive experience in Role Playing many character types (my longest-running being a Ranger, but I also have a concept for a Rogue-type I'd like to try out), as well as experience DMing at Cons for test-play of possible new modules, one-shots, and home-brew. I'm a fast learner, adapt well, and integrate quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by M0rganstern View Post
    How serious do your games tend to run? Please phrase your answer in the form of a movie or media franchise.
    Nice question... I've really not thought much about it.
    Its not on the Guardians of the Galaxy side... but not all Lord of the Rings either.
    I'd guess its something like Game of Thrones meets Dragonlance.

Mostly story with some battles - I, and more importantly my players, like a good mix of both. Even when we are geeking out with the dice, the focus is on the visuals not the rolls. My most often spoken phrase during combat is always, "so, what does that look like?"

I hope that helps, Savy
    Last edited by savoylen; May 2nd, 2018 at 23:50.

Thread Information