DICE PACKS BUNDLE

MAX and HALF query

Is there any way to call upon named modifiers in effects or in such a way that i could place them into the hotkey bar?
    I know that we can shift roll damage to force critical damage.

I know that there is the undocumented 5e effect CRIT that can adjust critical threat ranges for a character. Just hoping there is something out there that would let me apply the named modifiers without having to click so much in larger battles.

Failing that, where would I have to start looking to create a ruleset extension to allow for modifier keys in a similar way to how shift drag applies the critical damage modifer to damage rolls?

I posted a long time ago about this, but basically make an invisible GM NPC that has the conditions (and other things) as spells in the action tab. Putting the GM NPC on the map allows you to target with it to apply multiple conditions at once and such.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

What exactly are you trying to do? You can use and 'H' before any modifier tag to half that modifier such as DMG: [HDEX] but I'm not exactly sure what it is you are wanting to do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I posted a long time ago about this, but basically make an invisible GM NPC that has the conditions (and other things) as spells in the action tab. Putting the GM NPC on the map allows you to target with it to apply multiple conditions at once and such.
    That doesn't let me easily maximise the damage die rolls, halve them or otherwise adjust the modifier field. That would work for mass applying things like cover and I had considered that, but it is inelegant in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do? You can use and 'H' before any modifier tag to half that modifier such as DMG: [HDEX] but I'm not exactly sure what it is you are wanting to do.
    By modifier I am talking about the modifier as a term used by the program, the game system named modifiers (accessible by the +/- button at the top right hand corner of the screen)

I want to know if there are any hotkeys, text/chat based methods or keyboard modifiers to apply the max and half modifiers (maximum damage dice roll, and half damage dice roll respectively) as clicking it every roll when I have an effect that warrants it is frustrating.

You can use the buttons in the Modifiers window to apply Critical, Maximum and Half to damage rolls. That's the only place to manually apply those modifiers right now.

Regards,
    JPG

So the MAX and CRITICAL buttons work, but the HALF doesn't. Maybe a bug in 3.3.4?

The HALF damage is working for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information