5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Unusual request

Unusual request

Good evening to everyone!
    I'm new with Fantasy Grounds. I bought the ultimate version just a week ago, and in last 3 days i'm trying to adapt 3 different ruleset to my system. The ruleset are: CORErpg, Morecore and Pathfinder.
    My system was thinked to reduce roll dice, and start as a little modification of pathfinder/D&D3.x. Every further step move little away from the original, and now the Fd20 (fast d20, the name of my system), presents substantial differences compared to Pathfinder.
    Unfortunately i'm totally dumb with xml or lua, so i'm asking your help with one of the following solution:
    Corerpg: the ruleset can be enough for my group, but i like the option to have resizable character sheets. How can i obtain this, if it's possible obviously. And add a spell library where store the spells characters knows.
    Morecore: this rulest also work fine, but i really don't like background and icons. How can i use morecore but keep the default Fantasy Grounds background and icons?
    Pathfinder: this should be the best solution since i can use all the monsters, spells and items, but i think this is the most complicated way. Is it possible to add a tab to character sheets where store my value (attack, defense, initiative, saving throws, skill check)? I just need a place where put simple dice rolls, as per corerpg main character sheet.

I check in forums, etxensions, mods but didn't find a solution.

If someone can address me toward a solution i will be very grateful!!

I don't know if system explanation can help, but i try. Forgive sintax error since i'm not english mother toungue.
    Fast d20 was designed to speed up playtime, while preserving the possibility of using the material published for Pathfinder, D&D and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, so all calculations at the base of the system are not relevant for use in Fantasy Grounds. I can assure you that converting creatures or characters from one of the above systems to Fd20 takes place in a minute, so i can use all manuals i bought since 1985 (i'm an older gamer, i know).
    We adopt ATTACK and DEFENSE, the skills are reduced to 9 (substantially we grouped them), initiativa is fixed (it depends from speed, weapon speed, dexterity, size). Also spells use spellpoints and there are other small things.
    In ATTACK value the weapon damage is included, so a simple difference between attack and defense give you thetotal of damage caused.
    I just need a place to imput that values and use them during play.

Thanks for your help!

Blog Entries
    First, I would look at MoreCore. There are several Theme extensions that modify MC and you could use one of those or use one of those to create your own theme. When you look at MC, are their any rolls that you need that MC doesn't have?

EDIT: Oh, and welcome!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks!
    I check all theme extension for ModeCore, but i like much more the default FG bagrount and sidebar icons. I think it's more clean and easy to read. I really like very much the standard graphic layout of FG.
    Regarding the rolls i think i'm ok. It should be fantastic to have a attack vs. defense roll (attack is 1d20+x and defense is the same, 1d20+x) to drag directly in combat tracker, but it needs other coding to do it because i need a defense field, but it's not important.
    So if there is a way to have MoreCore with default FG graphic layout should be perfect to me.

Blog Entries
    Welcome graziano.girelli

Im glad you found MoreCore useful.
    Unfortunately at the time of building MoreCore I replaced 80% of the graphics of CoreRPG.
    It is absolutely possibly to make an extension to roll those back - you would need to create new graphics for Rolls and Abilities - but it would require some XML work.
    I would look at the other MoreCore Themes and although they are not CoreRPG still you might find one that is closer and you can adapt that one to your needs.
    Using a Theme like that would also allow you to preset many of the editable field/column names too.
    You might also search recent posts for a Winter is Coming theme which while still not CoreRPG might be better suited (or not).
    As you point out you cannot do oppose rolls in native MoreCore.
    You would have to build an extension which would also require LUA on top of the XML.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to study how to create a theme similar to default theme.
    Another question (sorry for bother again): i use spell point. Every spells' level had a cost. I saw you put 5 spells levels in MoreCore, and once i double click i subtract 1 point.
    in my system i have 10 spells levels , and 0 level costs 0.5 points, 1st level costs 1, 2nd costs 3, 3rd costs 5, 4th costs 11, 5th costs 15, 6th costs 19, 7th costs 24, 8th costs 29, 9th costs 34, 10th costs 70.
    is there a way i can implement this in MoreCore?

Blog Entries
    Hi graziano.girelli

What I would do is grab the Symbaroum or Pendragon themes.
    Open them up and have a look at what each piece does.
    You will need to probably need to do teh following (at a minimum)

Add a whole new section with merge=delete code for the Attacks frame - its really not that important with the Rolls feature.
    Add a merge=join code for the Spells frame and resize it to fill the current space plus the Attacks space
    Additionally add the extra 6 sets of check boxes and labels

Im guessing a little here as I suspect that your description is missing a critical piece of information - you dont have X spell points per level, you have X spell points to use as you wish?

In that case you are going to want to look at how the current spell points stuff works - you double click the square/current field and it writes to chat and decrements its value by one.

You could do a few things here - first you dont need the round/max fields - or you need one only to record the total spell points.
    Second is where you have some choices -
    a) have each of the 10 spell levels display the total spell points available but when you double click one it will decrement the total based on what field you just clicked (0.5/1/3/5/11/etc) and all fields will update and the correct message would be output
    b) have a single current value field and have 11 level spell fields containing the values 0.5/1/3/5/11/etc and when you double click one of those decrement the spell points current value by that amount and write to chat

both methods require XML and LUA changes - but - all the code is pretty much there and is somewhat documented. It is an achievable thing you are talking about.
    what is the game you are playing?

Definitely look into DORCore as well.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Yes, the character has x spell points to use as wish. They have only a spell level cap depending by their level.
    I need just one field to register the spell points, and a macro (or something similar, i come from roll20 and there i use macros) to subtract the spell points every time a character cast a spell. So the option b should be really great!!!.
    The game is a mod of Pathfinder/D&D 3.x.
    I'm an old master. I began play with red box in 1985, then pass to AD&D, D&D 3.x and pathfinder. But me and my group find the game is quiet complex. Too many feats, skills, traits, etc..
    Since i have almost every published manual printed for D&D (included adventures), all Forgotten Realms products, core D&D 3 and 3.5 plus several manuals (player's guide II, master guide II, various bestiary, etc), and lot of Pathfinder, we decided to not waste all these good material.
    So we sat at table and made a brainstorming :-D
    We start to do lot of maths to convert from other products to our system (fd20 or fast d20), and the results is the system we use. In few moments i can convert creatures, png, spells to our system.
    We creat an xls sheet to made all conversions, and i need really few fields where register essential data.
    Other info, such initiative, are fixed and never change, bot for pg and png/creatures.
    The combat flows really fast, the magic system avoid to memorize spells, so player don't waste time choosing spells every gaming day.
    We already have a pdf with all rules, but it's in italian.
    With MoreCore i have almost all i need. I miss just few things. If i will be able to modify as my wish it will be perfect, otherwise we can play in any case. Yesterday night i finish to create 2 character (fighter and mage). Today, if my wife permit (:-D) i will create cleric, ranger and rogue modifying the other charactr sheets. Then i start to study map and other function (tables, organizations, location, etc).
    I hope we will be able to play our first session with Fantasy Grounds next weekend.
    Thank you very much for your help!

I already installed DORCore! ;-)
    MoreCore has more option in character sheets. I like very much the graphic of DORCore, both background and side bar icons.

MoreCore with DORCore graphic should be great for my taste.
    Last edited by graziano.girelli; February 11th, 2018 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    I already installed DORCore! ;-)
    MoreCore has more option in character sheets. I like very much the graphic of DORCore, both background and side bar icons.

MoreCore with DORCore graphic should be great for my taste.
    Well, once DORCore is finally released (ie hits v1.0) maybe damned will port MoreCore over to be a child-Ruleset of DORCore - or maybe someone else will use DORCore as the parent-Ruleset for their own Community Ruleset which has what you need in it.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information