5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: Community Wiki

And thus why moderation and curation of content for wikis is such an intensive task, in addition to the policing for inappropriate content (which we've removed by making the wiki editing limited to long-time users only). It's never a fire and forget solution.

I would say that you should just keep it simple, throw some stuff together you think will be useful on the forum, have a good discussion about what should be updated on the wiki, and then one of the moderators or myself can update the wiki.

Just don't get too hung up on creating a process. It's not really needed for this more relaxed environment.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    @Community Wiki Moderators

Suggestion: I'm not sure how "moderating" will work? Does the Community Wiki need some sort of submission portal? Trying to monitor the entire forums and all the threads going on there for a nugget of wiki material might be daunting...

And here is a request
    As Moon said, we want to keep it simple. I do think we need to add a wiki page and link it from the homepage that is something like "Want to contribute?" and then simple instructions on how to write up or mark up something and who & how to send it to them.

I'll take a look at your request and see what I can do with it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LE, your PM inbox if full:
    I think that page is ready for placement now. I will create others oriented around documenting aspects of CoreRPG. Perhaps you could create a link in the main table under the "Other Content" called "CoreRPG Ruleset Documentation" that points to a new page that has two link areas. The first would be called "Manager Routine Documentation" and the second "Template Documentation". The page we built would be linked under "Manager Routine Documentation."

Blog Entries
    Yep, cleaned it up some. Need to start archiving it.

Anyway, Let me see what I can do later today to get that moved and setup like you described.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    @Bidmaron and Lord Entrails..

After completing my work on the <button_iconcycler> template (control) I believe myself to be an "expert" on it.
    I would like to write up a community wiki page and submit it to you. Have you guys settled on a format (Word? .txt? google doc?) Do you want wiki calls embedded? (I'm not sure I can do this, the MediaWiki page on the internet is less robust than I had originally thought).

The page would fit under the category of.......
    "[control name] Revealed" or
    "[control name] Explained" or
    "[control name] Dissected"
    something like that...

Do you have a category name you prefer?
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    @Bidmaron and Lord Entrails..

After completing my work on the <button_iconcycler> template (control) I believe myself to be an "expert" on it.
    I would like to write up a community wiki page and submit it to you. Have you guys settled on a format (Word? .txt? google doc?) Do you want wiki calls embedded? (I'm not sure I can do this, the MediaWiki page on the internet is less robust than I had originally thought).

The page would fit under the category of.......
    "[control name] Revealed" or
    "[control name] Explained" or
    "[control name] Dissected"
    something like that...

Do you have a category name you prefer?
    No, we don't. I would says a plain text file, because at this point if we suggest Word or Google Doc, you might use formatting that isn't available in the Wiki. I had a few links, maybe Bidmaron has them, but I think I deleted them when my inbox was full

But you can send it to me if you want (lordentrails at gmail) and I will work to make it available. Also let me know what pages it should be linked from. Might take a few iterations to get it right this first time, but I can use it to document how to do it for next time.

Thread Information