DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

MoreCore Initiative Order

I'm using MoreCore for a new game called Oubliettes, Sorcery and Reavers (OS&R). It uses a low number initiative for combat. I can make the Combat Tracker work in the right initiative order by inputting a negative number (i.e. -7). I'm wondering if it would be possible to create an option to select a reverse order initiative on the next version of the rule set? Probably not a ton of games that use a reverse order, it's just something to consider. Btw, MoreCore is excellent! Thanks to all who created it.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Unless you or anyone else using the ruleset never want access to the DOE extensions, you might want to consider basing your ruleset on the new DORCore ruleset by Dulux, the same guy who makes the DOEs. Unless it is an undocumented feature, his ruleset does not support reverse initiative though.

With the latest CoreRPG version you can use API to set ascending initiative order. From release notes:

DEV][CoreRPG+] EffectManager.setInitAscending function added to support systems where a single initiative value is used, but in ascending order.

This would be extension but would be very simple to do.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Wow, great addition. Since MoreCore builds on CoreRPG, this should be easy. However, my point about the DOE extensions remains. Anyone not basing their ruleset on DORCore or one of the automatically updated rulesets will not have access to the DOEs in the future.

Thanks Ikael! It sounds doable, but it's out of my expertise.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Actually that API trick did not work but it's easy to do it anyways, see the extension.

For learning purposes here is the whole extension code:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.0" logo="logo.png">
        <properties>
            <name>Ascending Init Order</name>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <author>Aki Heikkinen (Ikael)</author>
            <description>Ascending Initiative Order v1.0</description>
            <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
        </properties>
        <announcement text="Ascending Initiative Order v1.0" font="emotefont" />
        <base>        
            <script name="AscInitOrder">
                function onInit()
                    CombatManager.setCustomSort(sortfuncAscending)
                end
                function sortfuncAscending(...)
                    return not CombatManager.sortfuncStandard(...)
                end
            </script>
        </base>
    </root>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Incredible! Thanks Ikael!

Btw Ikael, the extension works great!
    Last edited by Meliath1742; February 10th, 2018 at 19:33.

The effect manager function that Ikael mentioned is required to make sure that effects expire correctly when using a descending order initiative system. So, you would need that in addition to Ikael's code, if you care when effects expire. It might not be an issue, since you're running using a generic system.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah, it always nice to have more bells and whistles, but it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Actually that API trick did not work but it's easy to do it anyways, see the extension.

For learning purposes here is the whole extension code:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.0" logo="logo.png">
        <properties>
            <name>Ascending Init Order</name>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <author>Aki Heikkinen (Ikael)</author>
            <description>Ascending Initiative Order v1.0</description>
            <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
        </properties>
        <announcement text="Ascending Initiative Order v1.0" font="emotefont" />
        <base>        
            <script name="AscInitOrder">
                function onInit()
                    CombatManager.setCustomSort(sortfuncAscending)
                end
                function sortfuncAscending(...)
                    return not CombatManager.sortfuncStandard(...)
                end
            </script>
        </base>
    </root>
    Thanks Aki I was just starting to look into how to support this for Meliath1742

Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    Incredible! Thanks Ikael!

Btw Ikael, the extension works great!
    Fantastic! I will look to see if this can be easily optioned into MoreCore.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The effect manager function that Ikael mentioned is required to make sure that effects expire correctly when using a descending order initiative system. So, you would need that in addition to Ikael's code, if you care when effects expire. It might not be an issue, since you're running using a generic system.
    All Effects in MoreCore are descriptive only - there is no mechanical support for them. Expiring exactly on time is probably not as big an issue.

Thread Information