DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Setting up a 4E campaign

Hi all.
    I am new to Fantasy Grounds and although I have spent several days looking at various youtube videos and FG forums regarding 4th edition D&D I am still failing at setting up the modules.
    1/I have the 4E ruleset selected (attachment 1)
    2/ I have tried the DD1 parser using Method 2, selecting creatures in the Compendium (DDi subscriber) and the creatures downloaded. (attachment 2)

I located this information in my module folder (attach 3).
    I have no idea what to do with it unfortunately, I naively thought it would go into my module file and I could open it in FG
    I couldn't find any read me files within the downloads so I have been blundering through ineptly.
    So I am stuck at present. Any insight or links to the correct place to ask for help would be terrific.

I'm new to Forums in general, so if I have posted this in the wrong place I apologize.

Cheers Maldev
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome Maldev

Go into Library -> Modules -> Load your new Module and then it will be available to you.
    Yes, what damned said. Just to clarify, in case it wasn't clear: You don't go into those folders on your computer, the module should already be in the correct place. While you run FG and have created a new campaign, click on the Library icon bottom right and there on the Modules button. It should show all the modules you have. Click on the Load button, then the module becomes available for use in that created campaign. It can take a bit until it's loaded fully, so you may have to wait for a minute or so at that point, depending on how big the module is and how fast your computer.

Any more questions, feel free to ask here, we have a good community and very helpful people here
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thankyou very much.
    My error was that the db file was in the parser folder not directly in the module folder. (I downloaded creatures to test it and it has worked)
    Yes it sure does; Downloading for about 6 hours so far.
    So next question is what is the Compendium Reader and File Parser for. Do I need that as well?
    Cheers

Thankyou very much.
    My error was that the db file was in the parser folder not directly in the module folder.
    So next question is what is the Compendium Reader and File Parser for. Do I need that as well?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Thankyou very much.
    My error was that the db file was in the parser folder not directly in the module folder. (I downloaded creatures to test it and it has worked)
    Cheers
    I used those to download all the information from the online compendium and create modules from that, so FG can work with it. If you're downloading the info, I think you'd already be using the Compendium Reader/File Parser, so I'm not sure i fully understand the question.
    I'll put it this way: If you have a way to download the online compendium info and put them into modules, you're set. No need for anything else, if you don't need anything else.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Sorry I think I understand the confusion. I thought I would have to use both files from the included attachment, but I don't after re reading it.
    I have got all the compendium info now apart from the Powers entry. It is a big download (9409 power entries) and each time I have started it and left it overnight it has stopped. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. Maybe i'll try breaking it down into smaller downloads.
    Cheers

4E Compendium powers parsing.....

Hi All.
    I am still trying to get the 4e character powers from the Compendium into module form.
    So far I have all the other entries imported via the parser into Module form.

However after trying to use the same method for the Powers entry it has taken some time for the download to run completely through.
    1. I have a large text document from the Powers download and a message box came (see attach 1)
    2. The Powers downloaded into a text document file. (attach 2)
    3 I don't know how to proceed from here.

Does anybody have experience with this. There is mention of the FGPEMutility.exe but a) I cant locate it and b) Any mention of it implies .PAK files, not text documents

Hopefully I am missing something obvious...

Cheers...

Blog Entries
    Hey Maldev best to read the first page and the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4E-Item-Parser
    Post your query there I think as you will probably get more eyeballs on it.
    4E is not nearly so well played these days...

Thread Information