STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'm running Dead Suns, but I don't have time to parse scenarios. I'll buy and run everything that's released. Is it legally acceptable to find a 3rd party to parse my scenarios for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    You sound like me when I first started. I just told the people straight up that this was my first attempt as a GM and to give me a little time to get used to it. I started my GM career as a Pathfinder GM when it first came out. This was only after playing in a few games of 3.5. Now would be the best time to jump in and start to GM for Starfinder as it is a new system that no one is really familiar with. This would allow you to learn the system and figure everything out without the pressure of all the old hats telling you what you are doing wrong.

The material part of it, that is the tricky part if you don't want to spend the money. Granted, the PDFs are only 5 bucks, but as the seasons grow, it could get expensive. If I had time to run, I'd just run a pair of low levels and a pair of mediums. Would allow you to rotate your adventures.
    Well for me it's that I don't want to GM a game I haven't played yet. Once my regular GM starts back up I want to go in with no knowledge of what's going on so my reactions are genuine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    You sound like me when I first started. I just told the people straight up that this was my first attempt as a GM and to give me a little time to get used to it. I started my GM career as a Pathfinder GM when it first came out. This was only after playing in a few games of 3.5. Now would be the best time to jump in and start to GM for Starfinder as it is a new system that no one is really familiar with. This would allow you to learn the system and figure everything out without the pressure of all the old hats telling you what you are doing wrong.
    Some people are born GMs - the rest of us have to learn the trade!
    It is definitely worth doing though.

I'm thinking of running a one-shot of a third party (Rude Awakening - slightly modified in order to make better use of the already parsed creatures) - probably on the weekend to increase participation from various timezones.

Basically the one shot will be for people who want to try Starfinder but haven't had the opportunity to do so - as long as they are not expecting the best adventure ever.

Nevertheless, I would be happy it if someone who is somewhat familiar with the rules could also participate as a player in order to tell me the many things I'm doing wrong (preferably after the session).

If the one-shot does moderately well I could also run either Into the Unknown or Incident at Absalom Station (probably the latter as I won't have to parse it), split into different parts.

Several caveats:

This will be my first time both GMing and playing Starfinder, so I do not expect that it will go smoothly (in other words: I fully expect it to be a space-train-wreck). As there aren't that many Starfinder games I do not see an alternative however.

Due to language and other issues, I'm certainly not the most proficient narrator (I expect moments of "What's the door like?" - "It's a door ... It's made of metal ... There's a handle on it ... There's a sign on the dooor. It says 'pull'."

It probably won't be an SFS game. That's obvious for the third party one shot but will also apply to the PFS legal adventures. There are three main reasons for it: First, I highly doubt that we will get all the rules right. Second, what's the use of a space RPG if the playable races are limited to only the core races? Third, I'd prefer a playing time of 2-3 hours (once or even twice a week) as it fits better into my schedule than 5-6 hours of uninterrupted time. Should work get too hectic I could also pause for 1 or 2 weeks (calling it an intermission between part 1 and part 2) without the characters being "stuck" in the adventure. Being able to somewhat avoid the increased administrative load of SFS is a nice bonus.

I'd also appreciate it if the people who are preparing other adventures for Starfinder could give me a few pointers.

Thread Information