DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Eye rule set?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 90.91%
  • No

2 9.09%
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Ok this is good we are getting closer.

Nemori please explain the confirmation on 1/20 mechanic.
    Derived Stats are... derived from what?
    So with the Skill roll I have to roll under each of my stats with the corresponding dice?
    So Im using Strength 14, Intuition 11, Courage 8 and I roll 10, 12, 14 I have a success by 4, a failure by 1, a failure by 6?
    I can then "spend" 1 Inituition point and 6 courage points to succeed?
    Then I total my remaining points in those - 14+(11-1)10+(8-6)2 = 26 so I get a level 6 success?

Im sure Im not getting this right....

Blog Entries
    Here is a draft roll demo for the Attribute Check...

You click the Attribute and a Difficulty if necessary and then you click the Attribute Check.
    Attributes are stored into Modifiers as is the Difficulty.
    Then you do the Attribute Check which rolls 1d20 and compares it to the SUM of the Modifiers to determine the result.

dsa-test1.jpg

The confirmation rolls work the same way as in Pathfinder - you roll again to see if you succeed or fail.

So if Geron is attacking with an attack of 14: he'd critically succeed if he rolled 1 and then 10 for example.

If Geron wants to, let's say unwind in a tavern, he's going to use his Carousing skill which is tied to Sagacity/Constitution/Strength. His Carousing is 5, SGC 10, CON 12, STR 13.
    Let's say he rolls 13,10,5. He succeeds on all of those, except Sagacity, probably got a bit carried away and started ordering shots. However he can (and should) spend use the Carousing points to make up for the failed roll, he uses 3 points to get the roll down to 10, leaving him with 2 points of carousing. Which does qualify only for 1 QL. He didn't lose his face in front of his buddies, but he didn't impress anyone either.

Modifiers are applied to the all three attributes at the same time and skill points are 'spent' only for this roll.

Edit: I forgot to add that the QL (Quality level, degree of success) is calculated from the unused skill points. So there is no difference between rolling 2 and 8 (if both succeed). Rolling super low doesn't give you awesome QL, that is ultimately limited by your skill level. ie. apprentice craftsman is not going to make a masterpiece no matter how hard and how many times he tries.
    Last edited by Nemori; February 18th, 2018 at 13:51.
    License: Ultimate
    Timezone: CET

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemori View Post
    The confirmation rolls work the same way as in Pathfinder - you roll again to see if you succeed or fail.

So if Geron is attacking with an attack of 14: he'd critically succeed if he rolled 1 and then 10 for example.
    If there was a modifier on this roll would that also apply to the confirmation roll?
    And I assume for a botch you would roll a 20 and something over 14?

If Geron wants to, let's say unwind in a tavern, he's going to use his Carousing skill which is tied to Sagacity/Constitution/Strength. His Carousing is 5, SGC 10, CON 12, STR 13.
    Let's say he rolls 13,10,5. He succeeds on all of those, except Sagacity, probably got a bit carried away and started ordering shots. However he can (and should) spend use the Carousing points to make up for the failed roll, he uses 3 points to get the roll down to 10, leaving him with 2 points of carousing. Which does qualify only for 1 QL. He didn't lose his face in front of his buddies, but he didn't impress anyone either.

Modifiers are applied to the all three attributes at the same time and skill points are 'spent' only for this roll.
    Ok so you do actually have Skills as well as the attributes they are derived from.
    The Skill point spend pool is from the Skill itself and you dont lose (either temporarily or permanently) the skill points when you spend them.
    You would I assume always spend the skill points if you fail a roll? There is no advantage if the points are not actually used/consumed/deducted?

Edit: I forgot to add that the QL (Quality level, degree of success) is calculated from the unused skill points. So there is no difference between rolling 2 and 8 (if both succeed). Rolling super low doesn't give you awesome QL, that is ultimately limited by your skill level. ie. apprentice craftsman is not going to make a masterpiece no matter how hard and how many times he tries.
    Danke.

Where do parry, melee, dodge (combat skills) come from?

Dayson+ are you in agreeance with the above?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If there was a modifier on this roll would that also apply to the confirmation roll?
    And I assume for a botch you would roll a 20 and something over 14?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok so you do actually have Skills as well as the attributes they are derived from.
    The Skill point spend pool is from the Skill itself and you dont lose (either temporarily or permanently) the skill points when you spend them.
    You would I assume always spend the skill points if you fail a roll? There is no advantage if the points are not actually used/consumed/deducted?
    I guess you could fail on purpose, but then there's no need to roll

You have 8 attributes - that's the Courage, Intuition, Sagacity and what not. Skills (which includes also combat techniques and spells) and derived characteristics - those have a base value determined by your race, attrributes or skills in case of attack/parry and are modified by various advantages/disadvantages/special abilites you take.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreRules
    Dodge = Agility / 2
    Attack (AT) = Full combat technique + 1 for every 3 above COU 8
    Parry (PA) = Half combat technique + 1 for every 3 above value 8 of the associated primary attribute
    Ranged Combat (RC) = Full combat technique + 1 for every 3 above DEX 8
    Combat technique is the combat skill for the weapon you're using - e.g. Fencing Weapons for a Rapier.
    License: Ultimate
    Timezone: CET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1hiPp2nlI

The GM has about 20 years playing the game. So, I trust her knowledge.
    Last edited by Dayson; February 18th, 2018 at 17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemori View Post

Exactly correct

Blog Entries
    ianmward and I stuck our outrageously good looking heads together today and we have come up with this so far...

Basically for an Attribute Check you clikc teh Attribute and then you click the Attribute Check.
    For a Skill Roll you click the 3 Attributes and then you click the associated (or *generic) Skill.

Feedback required...

dsa-rolls2.jpg

On first blush, it looks like you have it.

Thread Information