DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Tomb of Annihilations Player Map

Is there a way to "uncover" the hexes on the players map once the players actually explore the area?

I did not mean in general with masking on a map... I meant on the player map of the land mass of Chult there are white hexes that cover the "unknown" land of the center land mass... I thought I saw a video somewhere that showed how you can click the white hex to take it away, so as the players explore the center land mass you can uncover the land hex by hex and reveal the map beneath...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    I did not mean in general with masking on a map... I meant on the player map of the land mass of Chult there are white hexes that cover the "unknown" land of the center land mass... I thought I saw a video somewhere that showed how you can click the white hex to take it away, so as the players explore the center land mass you can uncover the land hex by hex and reveal the map beneath...
    There is a second version of the map for players that was added that has all those hexes detailed. You need to use the FG mask and only reveal what they know. The map you are referring to is the one that was provided in the print version. But since FG is more capable, SW was able to get the bonus map from the cartographer to include.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think the answer will be 'no' but, is there a way to reveal a hex precisely and accurately (and easily)? A square is not such a big deal - just draw the square in mask mode to reveal the area - but AFAIK the only way to reveal a hex is to Shift-draw in mask mode, which is very imprecise and messy.

Yep, shift draw. No precision required other that a steady hand on the mouse ��
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yep, shift draw. No precision required other that a steady hand on the mouse ��
    Hex drawing grids for Unity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Is there a way to "uncover" the hexes on the players map once the players actually explore the area?
    I might be crazy but I put a hex token over each hex and plan to remove them as the players travel. I haven't actually started this part of the adventure yet so I'm not sure how it will go.

That's a lot of tokens. Let me know if you or your players encounter any problems.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hi All,

I'm new to FG - I'm in the process of moving my ToA game here from Roll20. In the last week or so I've found answers to every question I've had by searching these forums. You guys are responsive and clear in your replies. It is refreshing to find such a helpful community. So thanks in advance for reading ahead.

The issue described by the OP in this thread has me stumped. In Roll20 I could simply remove tiny overlays that covered each hex to reveal areas as the party slogged thru the jungle. Travel is a big part of this campaign as you probably know. I gather from Nickademus' post above that trying to set that up in FG might be asking for trouble. I'm okay with that. FG still has hundreds of new features that I'm loving.

The idea of just using the suggestion of "Shift-Draw Mask Removal" - which I just experimented with btw - is fine. But I'm curious about what map I would do that with. Of the 4 maps of Chult provided with the module, only two show the entire revealed continent (DM Map Chult and Players-Chult-Complete). The "Players" map seems the likely candidate for masking and subsequent removal, but for some reason it doesn't contain any of the on-map text (like "CHULT" at the top and place names, etc.). See the attached screenshot.

So my next thought is that I should just make a copy of the DM Map but I can't seem to copy Image records the way I do other assets (like items and NPCs). So, I'm not sure how to tackle the problem of showing my players an up-to-date labeled map as they discover Chult. If there was some way to copy the DM version, I think it would be fine. I'm thinking the only option is for me and the players to BOTH use the DM Map.

Please let me know if I'm not making any sense.

ChultMaps.jpg

Thread Information