Starfinder Playlist

DMs Guild Rob Twohy Coding Question

What is a coding pack? If I am writing my own full campaign for 5th edition...should I invest in such material from the DM's guild?

That really depends on your preference. You can learn the code yourself, it is pretty much all here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects or you can grab my stuff free here: https://incarnategaming.github.io/
    But if you want effect coding for everything, especially reminders for theater of the mind stuff like fly spell, then Rob2e's Stuff is the best I've heard of. It may not be my cup of tea, but a ton of people find it hugely helpful. If you want reminders of what all your players are doing inside the combat tracker it is hands down the way to go.

Blog Entries
    Effects are the "things" that get added to N/PCs on the combat tracker, like bonuses to AC, ongoing damage, etc. These can be applied by effects, the GM typing them into the N/PC on the CT, or by an action from the N/PC (Like an attack or such). So, maybe a weapon that does additional fire damage, or a class ability like Hunter's Mark, or Bardic Inspiration.

As mentioned, you can do all of this yourself. And their are good resources to do so, including the Wiki, the Complete xxx Packages, and Mr. Z's videos (and also Incarnate, from what I understand). But, lots of people don't want to have to figure out the "coding" because if you get a semi colon wrong, it won't work. That's part of the reasons Rob's packages are such good sellers

All up to you and your players, do you want to figure it out, or do you just want to buy something that has it for you?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Sailor Lovins, as Lord Entrails said, many people like my coding because it allows "laziness". I always encourage everyone to learn the coding. I've done everything for 5E (EVERYTHING!!!) but it's nice to learn it in case you want to code any "homebrew" stuff. Here's a link to the package, but SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM and watch the video that explains it.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/226...ate_rem=878507
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Rob2e I have just purchased several of your packages and already I'm amazed at the easy learning curve. It actually suits what I am trying to do perfectly. Matching it with Profantasy mapping tools....your material is aiding me in creating all the filler's I need to make a world come alive. Thank you for your efforts. You have made a permanent customer out of me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorLovins View Post
    Rob2e I have just purchased several of your packages and already I'm amazed at the easy learning curve. It actually suits what I am trying to do perfectly. Matching it with Profantasy mapping tools....your material is aiding me in creating all the filler's I need to make a world come alive. Thank you for your efforts. You have made a permanent customer out of me.
    Glad to hear it. Fantasy Grounds is the BEST, and I love making things to help people enjoy it even more!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

It is indeed the best. I enjoy the virtual infinite possibilities. Rob do you have a facebook fan page or anything. I would be humbley honored to support you on social media (though I don't do TWITter).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorLovins View Post
    It is indeed the best. I enjoy the virtual infinite possibilities. Rob do you have a facebook fan page or anything. I would be humbley honored to support you on social media (though I don't do TWITter).
    I do have a facebook page, but it's where I have the LEAST presence. I am more on Discord, Twitter, Patreon, YouTube, and Twitch (all linked in my signature).
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Thread Information